So, I don't know how many of you are aware, but April is Child Abuse Prevention Month. I wasn't until I got an email from a former roommate of mine. 'Lars' and I lived together in Ogden while I was going to paramedic school. Lars is great. We instantly hit it off. We found out we have a lot in common... Mainly, we both wanted to be firefighters, and we had the same taste in guys. Lars is WAY more talented than I ever could dream of being. She plays the guitar and writes amazing music. I loved listening to her music, especially the music that she would write after breaking up with a guy! That is good stuff! But, one song she wrote has always stuck with me. It's called "Liberty." She wrote this song after attending a course that taught her how to respond to an emergency involving abuse. Well, with April being Child Abuse Prevention month, she has 'donated' the use of her song to help heal abuse victims, and to prevent more abuse by breaking the cycle through education and love. ALL proceeds, yes, 100% of ALL proceeds from the downloading of her song will go to Child and Family Support Center of Cache County. Laura said, "I have been warned that this endeavor will fail because the American People care more about elephants, manatees, and children outside of our country that we do for our own children. Help me prove them wrong! I have set an insanely small goal of $20,000 in the month of April. To me it is a huge, scary amount, but I am convinced that if the word gets out we will find that there are many more that 20,000 people who care."
Monday, April 7, 2008
Support a good cause...
If you are interested in helping out, go to www.LauraSteelMusic.com and download "Liberty" for $0.99. I've already done it. Just follow the directions. There is a sample of the song you can hear before you download it. At the very end, don't freak out like I did when you can't find your download. The link will be emailed to you within 30 minutes of you purchasing the song. (I really need to work on my patience!) Seriously, I think this is a GREAT song, and a GREATER cause! Check it out! And, Thanks!
scribbled by Carrie at 10:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 scribbles...:
Carrie just wanted you to know that I just bought it and forwarded this e-mail to everyone that you didn't that was on my list. I hope she reaches her goal. And I am proud of her.
Thanks Sara! I appreciate it!
The awareness of child abuse really hits home right now in light of recent events. It is mind boggling how anyone could harm a child. I think it is great to have a cause that you support and become involved with. John and I are involved with the March of Dimes because of Adessa, but we would have had no idea about what the March of Dimes does if we hadn't experienced what we had. A lot of times we don't understand the extent of these organizations until we have experienced them or had someone close to us. I think child abuse awareness is important, and I wish your friend all the success in her music.
Post a Comment