I want to share another milestone with everyone! We are really excited about this at our home. I just KNOW all moms reading this will be feeling my joy also. As you know, Olivia just turned two last week. There's been lots of changes going on in her life lately... we moved, then she got a new bed and we've attempted potty training. Well, with all these grand changes, we didn't want to throw anymore at her for a while. But, this one kinda happened on it's own. Olivia has been getting her back molars in over the past week or two, and due to that has been chewing LOTS on her binki. Thus... it looks like this...
This is the last binki of many that we've had over the last 2 years. All the others have been either chewed through, eaten by a dog, lost, or Olivia has put them in a secret hiding place of hers. (Robyn, if you find any others at your place... please, THROW THEM OUT!)
Friday night as Brad was putting Olivia down for bed, he pointed out to her that the binki was "broken." She said, "Uh oh" and wouldn't take it when he tried to give it back to her. He told her he was going to throw it away, and she said okay. So... Voila! NO MORE BINKI!!!! It has been great! She's only asked for it a few times, she's sleeping good without it, and we're done. No more pictures will be taken where you can't see my cute child's adorable mouth! No more wondering what she's trying to say to me with her binki in her mouth! No more watching her trying to eat and not take the binki out of her mouth while doing so... I know, extreme! The kid became TOTALLY attached since the move. No more wondering if I'm screwing up her teeth by letting her have a binki so long. I'm so excited! So, now that I've taken pictures and posted about this exciting event, I have to go and really throw away the binki while Olivia is asleep. You know, hide all and any evidence! No need to give her a chance to start up the habit again! Hey! We're binki-LESS!

5 scribbles...:
Yeah for you guys and Olivia Kate!!! I totally remember how excited I was when Leah threw out her last binki at 2 and 1/2. It felt so good!!! I can only imagine your excitement. Good Job Olivia... Hope she continues to progress and that soon she will be potty trained... that is one great feat also, good luck. :)
So were did you move Carrie. I was meant to ask you yesterday at church but I have two small kids and got side tracked!
And I think it's great you can throw the binki out. Good for Olivia.
Okay, I'm sorry that my dog ate one of her binkis. I'm also sorry that some of them have been lost here. I'm really sorry that Olivia is growing up and has passed this milestone. When she is the age of my girls you'll will understand. Congratulations. I'm so glad that my internet is back up again.
Yeah, so I am past saving. Adessa's teeth look like spider fangs. She is more attached to her binky than she is to me.
Question- Adessa if you had to choose betwen your binky and your mother which would it be?
Adessa- BINKY!!!
I think she'll be hiding one in her desk in elementary and then one in her locker in Jr. High, maybe we can break the habit come high school. But honestly part of me is way too selfish to part with it. I love that she sleeps so well and for so long when she has it. We'll just have to have one heck of a dental insurance plan.
Congrats to you!
That is a BIG deal. Meg threw many many MANY tantrums when we stopped giving it to her at night. SO, having it done so easy. Lucky you. Good for you!
Post a Comment