Thursday, April 3, 2008

Olivia-ism

I thought this story was too funny not to share. I get a text message tonight from Brad that just says, "Your Daughter!" I thought, "Have I missed a message somewhere? What's going on?" So, I called him. He tells me that he has Olivia in the tub. He had just got done filling her tub with bubbles, and had turned his back to her so he could put the bubbles away, when he hears her say, "Uh oh!" Never a good sound to hear from your 2 year old... Brad turns around and sees that Olivia has something in her hand, which she is holding out to him. He thinks she has broken one of her toys or something. He reaches out his hand to take whatever it is from her, and she drops it into his hand. Aauugghhh! Too late, he realizes it is an almond size piece of POOP!!! Apparently it had been stuck between her cheeks, and she found it floating in the water! GROSS! Poor Brad! (Although I can honestly say I'm so glad it was him and not me!) He told me he threw it in the garbage can and quickly washed his hands! :) While I was talking to him on the phone, (me laughing, him talking...) I hear him say, "Olivia, don't poop in the tub! Do you have to go poop?" To which she replies, "Yes... poo poo." I quickly hung up with him so he could get her onto the toilet seat. I haven't asked for updates, but I hope she made it in the toilet. This will definitely be something for us to laugh about for quite a while!

3 scribbles...:

Julie said...

Well guys.......get used to it! It will happen time after time, especially when they are little and don't know how to use the potty, or when they are potty training. At least it was solid and not liquid. Then he would have had to empty the tub, clean the tub, and then put her back in to clean her. :) I just can't help but laugh. This has happened to all of us!

Laura said...

I laughed out loud while reading this and Dave asked me what was so funny... when I told him he said, "I didn't want to hear that" :) I think its so funny, especially since that has happened to me a few times. I can just picture Olivia says "Uh oh!" funny! I just love how kids are...

Robyn said...

I really thought you made up the story to help cheer me up. But then you put it on your blog. That is awesome! I'm sorry Brad, but that is totally hysterical!