I hope this isn't a totally gross thing to post about... BUT, I'm so excited! Olivia will usually tell Brad or I when she has pooped so we can change her diaper. Well, today she came up to me and said, "Uh oh, poo poo", and pointed to her diaper. I couldn't smell anything yet, so I asked her if she had already gone. She said, "No, poo poo." So, I checked her diaper, and sure enough, no...ah... 'deposits' yet. So, I took off her pants and diaper and took her into the bathroom, set her on the toilet and let her do her business. Sure enough! She left her 'deposit' in the toilet! I told her how great she was and what a big girl she is as I was putting on a new diaper. (The other one was wet.) She just kept saying, "Yea, I know..." After her nap, she walked right into the bathroom, looked in the toilet and said, "poo poo". Gosh, do you think it's time for me to start potty training her? Definitely sounds like she's ready.
Monday, March 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 scribbles...:
Oh the joys of potty training. Welcome to a lesson in patience! :)
Good Luck with that Carrie. Just remember don't force them because that is when it backfires. But it doesn't sound like you are going to have that problem.
Congradulations for such a great accomplishment. Poo-poo in the potty. Don't get discouraged if she does great this week but not so great the following. She's a smart kid and has got it figured out!
WOW! She seems so young to go in the potty. That is great! I hope it all works out for you. It took me three different tries with both my kids in order for it to really "stick". Way to go Olivia Kate!!!
No no this isn't a bad thing to post about. It's the joys of being a mother...............your childs first poop on the potty.
How my life has changed!!!
Post a Comment