It's amazing the joys a kid can find in a simple box. Who needs to buy expensive toys when you can just put a cardboard box in front of your kid. Olivia has played in this box for a couple of days and loved every minute.
scribbled by Carrie at 3:04 PM
6 scribbles...:
I don't know about you, but we would make houses out of our boxes. We had windows and doors and everything. We would color and draw on them. I don't know if we let Brad play in them or not.....he was a boy, but Jill and I had fun with them!
She is so cute. I love the way you dress her. At the park the other day, I saw a miniature Olivia that was a little boy. He looked like he could be a twin bro to Olivia. Anyway, kind of caught me off guard. She is getting so big.
Some of my happiest memories are playing in cardboard boxes! I remember believing my box was a little car. It was exciting when we we got a BIG box that some appliance came in). I was ecstatic! It was my little house. We'd cut out doors and windows and hide inside it. Hours of fun. :)
Isn't that SO true?!? I have thought time and time again why do we buy all of these today for our kids when all they want are the boxes, paper, pens, buttons, baby wipes, plastic bowls, step ladder, coins... (to name a few of my kids favorite toys). Then I decided the toys are for me. I just LOVE buying them because I know at least, I'll play with them!
Pathetic, i know!
Oh, and by-the-way... I am really NOT as cool as you think I am. I'm flattered for the hero comments... but really!? I make half of the stuff up on my blog. I don't really actuall DO much of it! ;) But really, I'm flattered... and am so glad we got back in touch. And now I can be a blog lerker to you now!
oh, and I LOVE the name Olivia. I want to use it for another girl but don't know if Ava and Oliva is too much the same.
And I LOVE Olivia's hat... I so want one for next winter for Ava. Too cute!!
Boxes are the best for imaginary play! I remember Jessica's 1st Christmas. We went all out with gifts of toys and such and what does she play with ALL day long, an orange. Simplicity, we forget how great it can be.
Post a Comment