Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Olivia and Costco...



Yesterday Olivia and I went shopping at Costco.  That is absolutely her favorite place!  She is totally enthralled with everything around her as we are shopping.  She also WILL NOT let me pass a tasting table without getting her a sample of whatever they've got.  Yesterday I tried to avoid just such a table, but the nice lady hollered out for us.  (I could've strangled her...) She was giving free samples of "Just greens".  A drink that has all your daily veggies and fruits in it. Kinda like the wheat grass stuff.  Well, I knew Olivia wouldn't like the taste of it, but she wouldn't let me walk on past.  So, I got a small cup for her.  She took one swallow, made a funny face, and looked at me like,  "Now why would you let me drink that!?"  Funny thing is, after a minute, she wanted to finish off her cup!  So, I  gave it back to her.  The lady made a comment about how she knew Olivia would like it...  I just shrugged and waited for her to finish.  When Olivia was done, she handed me the little paper cup which I threw away.  I had a cup myself to see what it tasted like...  Just as I suspected, GROSS.  As we were walking away, Olivia put her hand up to her mouth and started spitting into it.  She was trying to get the tasted out of her mouth!  The lady behind the little table looked shocked, and I just started laughing!  I know my kid, lady!  I knew she wouldn't like it, especially the after taste.  It did give me a good laugh though.  


As we continued our shopping, I passed the aisle with the animal crackers.  NOT GOOD.  Olivia loves those things!  I tried to keep walking past, but she threw such a fit!  I walked back to let her look at the picture of Winnie the Pooh and friends, thinking it would suffice... Nope.  When I left the 2nd time, she threw an even bigger fit!  So, I walked back, got a jar, and put it in the seat next to her.  She then proceeded to grunt and to try to get the lid off as we were walking around.  Finally, when she realized she couldn't, she started grabbing my hands and putting them on the lid to take it off.  Which, of course, I did. The whole rest of the time we were in Costco, she had one hand in the cookie jar, and refused to let me put the lid back on!  Crazy!

2 scribbles...:

Sara said...

I hear ya Carrie. The Girls have to try every tasting table at Sam's Club whenever we go. Love the new house can't wait to come and see the whole thing. And Welcome to the club. You doing great so far.

Kay said...

Oh, how hilarious! The spitting thing had me laughing, and my co-worker wanted to know what was so dang funny. hehehe Loving the blogging. Keep it up. p.s. me thinks O. is training you real good!