Friday, May 30, 2008

Visit to the Temple


Brad and I took Olivia up to the Bountiful Temple last week to walk around and enjoy the feeling there.  It was colder than we first thought, but that didn't deter us.  Olivia LOVES the temple and loves going there.  As soon as it comes into sight, she yells, "There it is!"  She had a great time exploring and checking everything out.  The grounds are so beautiful, and make for great picture opportunities... if you can get the licorice out of your child's hand, and if it's not too cold to take off their jacket.  Oh well, it was a fun experience, and something we plan on doing more often.  

7 scribbles...:

Robyn said...

I love that she loves the temple. Kids just have a way of understanding holy things. Olivia definetly gets it.

Laura said...

Cute pics. I agree that the temple has a great feeling even on it grounds. The flowers are magnificent and Olivia looks so darling! My kids are the same way... As soon as they see the temple they are so excited. We love going there as well. What a nice time!

Melissa said...

You know, I never thought about going to the temple grounds with my kids to wander around.
Thanks.

Sarah said...

We need to do that again sometime. I love the fact that we can raise the girls in a place where they can glance up and see the temple so often. It is just a part of what they know

I still laugh when I think back to when Meg used to try and convince us that the golden Moroni was better known as Tinkerbell! Oh...right. Or, the other day, when she realized we are most often driving when she sees the temple her question was: "Mom, are we going to drive to Heaven?" Um...

Julie said...

The funnest memories I have of the temple and my boys are when we were going through our rough times. I made a lot of trips to Salt Lake to spend at Kay's house. On our way home and as we entered the valley the boys would yell, "I see the temple", and then they would get a hug, (squeeze of the hand), and a kiss (on the hand), from Mom. They were in their car seats of course and couldn't get out. As the years went on they would see the temple driving to town or through town and the same things would happen. I still do it to them and they are soon to be 17 and the other is 13. They know the temple is what keeps us together. Dad may have made a stupid choice but our family is still together and we love each other. Keep the temple alive in her mind. Making the temple a tradition of some sort will bring it that much closer to her heart and make it that much more special to her. She is so cute and adorable. I loved spending time with you all on Saturday. Love you!

Jenn Douglas said...

Cute pictures of Olivia. That's cool that she already knows about the temple and gets excited about it.

Karina Belle said...

I can only imagine her posing. Good luck with that. But thats okay if your lucky she'll be photogenic like me.