Thursday, May 29, 2008

Memorial Day memories


We spent our Memorial Day in Cache Valley with family.  We had the opportunity to have a BBQ with Brad's sisters in the early afternoon, which was a ton of fun... even with a few drizzles of rain.  Thanks Jill for letting us party at your place! After lunch, we went to the cemetery to visit Brad's parent's grave.  I think cemeteries always look so great on Memorial day.  I look forward to my opportunity to meet Brad's parents.  The stories I hear, and the evidence I see in their children leads me to believe they are great and truly amazing people. Olivia had a great time playing peek-a-boo behind the headstone.  We really had a great time. After we left there, we headed out to Smithfield to visit Grandma and Papa Douglas.  We watched a movie with them, played a little, then came home.  It was a low key, casual and very laid back day for us... exactly what the doctor ordered!

6 scribbles...:

Laura said...

it sound like fun...I love the pics too. You guys are such a cute family. Every time I see Olivia I am amazed how big she is getting... she looks so cute!

Robyn said...

Isn't it going to be a great reunion when we get to meet those on the other side? I'm glad you guys had a great day in Cache Valley.

Talbot Family said...

I am so glad to know that I am not the only person our age that actually visits the cemetary on Memorial Day. This year was an exception of course, but I have heard that by the time we are grown, people will only be recreating on memorial day instead of paying respect to the deceased. Weird thought! I am glad you were able to chillax with the fam.

Melissa said...

I didn't know both Brad's parents had passed on. Sad alright.
If my dad's grave was here I'd be there more than on memorial day.
I'm glad you could do it. I'm also glad it looks so wonderful you know.
Good for you guys.

Julie said...

Wow Carrie, you're pictures turned out a lot better than mine. Oh wait.....yeah, I used my cell phone. Go figure, of course your pics are better. :) Guess who needs a new camera. Sad that I have to use my phone but at least I got some cute pictures of Olivia playing hide n' seek. She is sooooo cute! I hope my grandkids are just as adorable as she is!

Sarah said...

Sounds like a great weekend break to be with family and remember family. Glad you could head up there.