
Olivia and I went on a lunch date today. We had just been to the school, and she had played hard on the playground equipment while we were there. On the way home, I thought... let's keep the fun going, (and I didn't want to figure out what to make for lunch...) So, off to Arctic Circle to save, ah.. er.. feed us. I tell you what, we made it just in time. No sooner had I ordered our food, then the place was SWARMED by a bunch of newly 'graduated' 6th graders from a nearby school. I think there was 50 kids that came walking through the door. I have to be honest, I was going to pack up all our stuff and walk out the door. But, we sat and ate, and Olivia had the time of her life. I learned something new about my daughter today... SHE IS A FLIRT!! We were surrounded on all sides of our table by these kids, the majority of which were boys. She laughed and watched their every moves. Then, when she was done drinking her 'cocoa', she stood up, turned around to the table full of boys behind us and said, "Hey guys, Hey." They responded with a weak "hi" but that only encouraged my little one even more. She then launches into a full blown 2 year old conversation with many "hi's", "Hey Guys" and of course, she introduced me to them... saying and tapping me on the shoulder, "This mama, this mama." It was really cute of her but I was surprised by the boys I was dreading and almost left because of... they smiled at her and talked a back a little. They made her day. I'm glad they weren't too embarrassed to talk to a 2 year old for a split second of their "very cool lunch." Of course, as we were leaving, she had to wave good-bye to them all. I guess I should just be grateful she didn't blow them all kisses, right?
Friday, May 30, 2008
scribbled by Carrie at 10:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 scribbles...:
I think Olivia has taken a note from Karina's new recipe book. She told us today at her graduation that she was "marinating in boy sauce." I think she really liked the marinade flavor a little too well too.
I LOVE the marinating in boy sauce comment! That's how I felt at the fire station all the time... That's just too funny coming from your Karina tho... Awesome!
What a cute little girl!
that is just too funny! She's got a lot of you in her then! ;)
And that says a lot about those boys that they actually gave her the time of day... they're at that "I'm so cool" age.
Just wait until she hops down out of her seat and starts twirling and doing shapes for them. I can't take mine anywhere without her putting on an entire production for the restaurant!
Post a Comment