Monday, May 12, 2008

Quiet book... please work!

I went to the "What a Woman Wants" expo a couple weekends ago.  I have to admit that there was a lot of stuff there that I didn't know I wanted, but I did find some stuff that I did want.  One of them was a remedy to keep Olivia quiet and entertained during Sacrament meeting.  I didn't know I'd find it at the expo, and I haven't tried it out to see if it's really going to work, but I hope so.  I found this little "quiet book" made out of felt.  I opted to go the cheaper route and put it together myself.... I don't know if that was the wisest choice, but this is how it turned out.  It was quite the process... Much more than I was expecting, (especially all the cutting), but Olivia really enjoys the book.  Now, here's hoping it works in church.

  

6 scribbles...:

Robyn said...

I thought the girls did a great job keeping Olivia quiet during church (JK). You did a great job putting it together. It was a blast watching you be creative.

Melissa said...

Wow that does look like a lot of work, you're right. Oh well cheaper route is always the guilt free route right?!?
So I'll be interested to see how it all works out.

Laura said...

HOW FUN!!! I too hope it works out for you. Nothing like enjoying sacrament meeting in peace! It looks like a great time for her... good luck!

Julie said...

It is a lot of work to cut everything out, but I loved them for my boys when they were younger. Now they just sleep through sacrament. It's those social activities that keep them so tired...:0)

Jill said...

Hey my kids loved these books!! They do work, especially since Olivia doesn't have to share it with siblings. That is when it a little noisy on our bench! :)

Tiffany said...

Quiet books are the best. The secret is to only let them look at them at church. Then they are still new and exciting each week. Secret #2: Make sure each girl in the family has one. Otherwise the quiet book becomes the fight book.