Friday, October 17, 2008

Oh No!

It is a very sad, sad day.  I am convinced we are in a recession if THIS can happen.
That's right.  Mother's cookies are being discontinued.  No more frosted yumminess.
I'd better go buy all the bags I can and hope they have a long shelf life.

11 scribbles...:

Laura said...

SO SAD!!! i love these.... I am going to go by a bunch to. My kids LOVE these.

RaShawn said...

What?! Are you serious? Those are my favorite cookies. I'm not sure I can handle this. When are they going to be discontinued?

Carrie said...

RaShawn - according to the article, they won't be making anymore cookies after Monday.

Sarah said...

Terrible. Although something "so small" that is really one of the saddest things I've read lately. How can you live an American life and not taste frosted animal cookies??

Melissa said...

Is it cause they're dangerous? Did they get sued?
I know I know I need to read the article.

Tiffany said...

That's so not cool! Those used to be Bryan's very favorite cookies...but he hasn't been able to eat them for 2 years anyway, so his heart will mend quicker than yours I imagine :)

chelle said...

I hate to go against the tide here, but I always thought they tasted like plastic and I have not let my kids eat them. So this is not bad news to me. Can we still be friends? M

Tiffany said...

They seem like such a tradition for growing up. That is sad if we won't be able to enjoy them anymore. They even made red, white and blue ones for those patriotic times. I can't imagine why they wouldn't make them anymore.

Linetta said...

That's terrible! They're one of those things you can't eat "just one"! Just another "sign of the times"...what's this world coming to?

Robyn said...

Oh no! I forgot to buy some at the store yesterday. I'll have to go to Dick's tomorrow morning and buy all the remaining Halloween bags!

Becky said...

I love that you found my blog! Thanks for sending me yours- so sad about the cookies, maybe they'll change their minds or another company will jump in and make "organic white ones" or something. Congrats on the new baby! I miss seeing you all at the pool. Im going to be going monday and wed mornings. see you soon :)