Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Meet Brad's parents.

I bet you can't guess who this red headed devil is...
Yes, it's my amazing husband, Brad, when he was 
just a little guy.  Isn't he cute? I love the suit.
I'm so blessed to be married to this man.

Although many of you might think this is Brad,
it really isn't.  This is Brad's father, Alex.  When
I wonder what Brad will look like as he gets older,
I just have to look at pictures of Alex.  Isn't he dreamy?
I love the argyle socks.  So hip!  Alex is a very strong
and able man.  I've learned so many good things about
him.  I see many of his traits in Brad.  I can see why he
is a hero to so many of his children.

This amazing woman is Elizabeth.  This is Brad's mother.
I've never been able to meet either of Brad's parents.
They have both passed on before I joined the family.
I have such respect for both of them, but especially for this gentle lady.
She raised NINE CHILDREN!  She is an amazing mom.
She is a great cook.  And from everything I've learned about
her, she is and always has been an ANGEL.

I anticipate the day I get to meet these two amazing people who have played such an important part of my life.  That's kind of weird to say, but it's true.  My husband is the man he is today because of his good parents and their love for him.  I am anxious to tell them thank you for raising such a kind hearted and good man.   Thank you Alex and Elizabeth!

11 scribbles...:

Melissa said...

I always wanted to marry a man who knew my dad. Obviously I didn't. So I can't wait for Dru to meet him. I think my dad would really like him. Ok now I'm getting all teary so I"m gonna change the pace here and say that I think Brad is also looking forward to that day and I'm sure his parents will love you to pieces.
You're great Carrie!!!

Jill said...

What a beautiful tribute Carrie!! Your hubby is the best of both parents and I KNOW that Alex and Elizabeth would absolutely adore you!! You are exactly what Brad needs in a soul mate and also exactly what the family needed too!! :)

Tiffany said...

I remember the first time I met Zeke's dad--it was three days before the wedding and I was so nervous. I'm sure any nerves you would have when you get to meet them will be replaced by a great joy and happiness on getting to meet such great people.

chelle said...

What a blessing these people are in your life and the life of your family. m

Sara said...

Holy Crap! Yeah Brad is a spitting image of his dad! WOW! That is crazy. I really thought that it was a picture of Brad until I saw the outfit and knew that Brad didn't own any clothes like that.

Jenn Douglas said...

That will be neat when you get to meet them one day ! you do have a great husband and this was a special post about his parents. It's nice to be able to see picts of them.

Robyn said...

I actually know that Brad DOES have socks like that. So, are you sure it is not him? Brad's parents I'm sure are smiling down watching the two of you with your family and I know they are excited and anxious to meet you too.

Maricela said...

I love those socks too!! :)

Isn't it great being able to go thru old pictures and see how much resemblance there is? I like to see pictures of Heston and his family and see how much Roslyn looks like them!

Julie said...

Carrie that was such a sweet post and tribute to our parents. Thanks so much! I too wish that Clayton could have known my parents and I could have known his Mom. Brad is the man that he is because of the love and devotion of our parents! We are so blessed, as Brad is, to have you be a part of our family. We love you!

Anonymous said...

oh man, i miss grandma and grandpa! i cling to the limited memories i have of them. i think of them often, and i know without a doubt they are very interested in their children and their children's children and so forth. they are more aware of us then we probably even know! i can just feel them near every time there is a happy moment.
it reminds me of grandpa's poem that says "let me be there." i love that poem!

Kay said...

You know, Brad was sometimes called the 'souvenir' they brought home from Switzerland! He thought he was an 'afterthought'. But the good Lord knew we needed a good ol' caboose in this family and so he sent us Brad, who has been a surprise over and over and I have watched him turn into a man, a husband, and a daddy. Yes, his parents have had a profound effect on him, I'm sure. And, I am absolutely sure they give their 'stamp of approval' on you, Carrie. No doubt about it. Hugs all around! (Sorry, I could talk about this subject all day ;>)