Thursday, January 21, 2010

Read it?

Does anyone remember reading this book? Does anyone have a copy? I remember checking this book out of the school library almost every week. I'd take it back on the due date and then immediately check it out again. It's taken me so long to remember the name of this book. (I'm getting old... or at least Brad tells me I am.) The story line, as I remember it, is about a miniature witch that rides on a vacuum. She has a cat named Cinders. I believe that she lives in a doll house. I LOVED this book as a child. I found out it's out of print, which makes me really really sad. I'd love to share it with my daughters... if I can find a copy.

9 scribbles...:

Melissa said...

I've never heard of it and feel sad I havent'.
If you find a copy I'd LOVE to borrow it.

Brandon Douglas said...

We have an old book store up here in Logan. I will check for you.

Julie said...

I found an out of print book on Craigs' list. Check there or on Ebay. Old bookstores would be your best bet.

Chelsey said...

If they still do the bookmobile you might want to try that too. I know there's a drop I've seen at Walmart so I think they still do it :)

Sarah said...

I haven't read that one...but now I'm curious.

Sara said...

I own a copy Carrie. I got it at a used book store in Logan. Check the DI too. Also Amazon would be a place to look. Just looked and there wree 4 used copies starting at 0.01 cent! Pretty good deal if you ask me!

Annette said...

D.I. is a good place to find out-of-print books. I drop by there once in a while to go through the books and found a book that I had been looking for for quite some time. I remember this one!

Jill said...

I would check Amazon.

Kay said...

Another good book clearninghouse is Abebooks.com or google it to make sure. Its in my favs and so I'm just guessing here. But I found an old book I needed there for five bucks. Good Luck!