Right after Christmas we moved Olivia downstairs to her own room. This was to accomplish two major things...
1 - To keep Olivia from waking up Tagen
2 - To keep Tagen from waking up Olivia.
It took a LOT of talking and reasoning with Olivia, and things are going mostly okay. She loves being able to have all the space to play with her toys. She loves showing off her room to whoever comes over. The only time she doesn't really like it is when she goes to bed. She is worried about being downstairs all alone. But, since taking this picture, we've added a couple pictures of Jesus and also one of Grandma Elizabeth and Papa Alex to keep her company. It's fun to see her continue growing and experiencing new things. I sometimes wonder if this mom had more issues with moving her downstairs to be "So far away" than Olivia did.

4 scribbles...:
Yeah the move downstairs would be tough alright.
When Dru and I get back into our 'house' we're gonna move downstairs and the kids upstairs LOL
I think it'll work out great.
I remember when I was scared Dad gave me a picture of him and it helped.
I wonder why as kids we are always scared to sleep downstairs. There's no problem during the day. I'm glad it's starting to work out.
I lucked out when first putting Meg downstairs. She had no complaints and loved it. But, we've also had our months of nightmares...that was hard to "be so far away" but I felt like there just wasn't any other choice in our house.
I hope it continues to go ok - better than mostly ok.
It won't be long until Tagen is old enough to be bedroom buddies. She'll have company then...but also a late-night-playmate!
Good for her! I hope she gets used to it and she loves it. I also hope nobody is being woken up by anyone else any more.
Post a Comment