Friday, June 6, 2008

Thanks to these shoes and my iPod, I ran 2 miles today.  I'm trying my best to keep up my workout routine now that I don't have work schedule at the fire station consistently to 'make' me do it.  I thought "for sure I'll keep up the workouts..." Boy, was I wrong.  So, after gaining 5 lbs since going part time, I decided it's time to get it back together.  I don't really like running, but I do like the feeling I get AFTER I've ran.  So, I think I'll keep it up.  Thank goodness for a good friend who will run with me.  I've found that when I run with someone, I push myself harder and feel guiltier about stopping to walk.  Besides, if I run with a friend, they can call 911 for me when I fall over dead! Much easier that way...  One more bonus about running, these fabulous shoes were purchased with my uniform allowance from the department.  No money outta my pocket!  Perfect!

8 scribbles...:

Robyn said...

Thanks for running with me even though I totally suck! You make me try harder, except for yesterday. I was just a whimp!

Sarah said...

Good luck you two. I'll wave if and when I DRIVe by. I wish i had more umph to get out and run. But running behind a pushed stroller...well...running in general would really force someone to call 911!

Laura said...

YEAH for both of you! I have started running again as to loose the baby weight and it SO hard. Good running shoes, my ipod and the muffin top around my waist really get me going. Hope you can stick to your schedule. Way to go ladies!!!!

Tiffany said...

Zeke has really gotten into running since purchasing this little micro chip thing(I don't remember the official name) made by Nike and Ipod. You put it in your shoe and it keeps track of everything about your workout. THen you download it to your computer and go to the website and it graphs everything out. He thinks it is awesome and a good motivator too since you can compare all these different things and see how you are doing. Keep up the good work.

Perry's said...

I was running. I loved how it makes you feel. then I got pregnant and was told I couldn't do anything. But now I can and I have not been in a while. I really should. That is awesome. I am excited for your treadmill. I love the green

Melissa said...

Well good luck with it. I love the feeling of loosing weight and how I look. That's my motivator.

jenhatch said...

Good for yoU! You have now motivated me to get my running shoes on and go for it!

Talbot Family said...

I did 4 miles today and thought I was going to have a heart attack. I have decided that I prefer winter running to the heat of the summer. It's nice you have someone to run with.