Saturday, June 14, 2008

O.C.D.

So, I'm sure I've told some of you about my daughter's O.C.D. issues.  She is a CLEAN FREAK. This is the child who will take a wet wipe and clean my walls, floors and anything in between.  She is also the one that will 'change' her doggie's diapers a couple times a day.  So, this morning I wasn't at all surprised to see this...


Yup, this is all of her diapers out a brand new package surrounding her on the floor.  Is this the epitomy of 'surround yourself with cleanliness?' Should I be worried?  She spent at least 5 minutes arranging these diapers in this particular order.  No lie.  She then proceeded to turn then over to make sure that Elmo was facing up on all the diapers.  She's one funny kid.




7 scribbles...:

Robyn said...

This kid cracks me up. I'm not at all surprised that the Elmo's had to be facing the right way. Great pictures.

Heather Harbaugh said...

I don't know who is more funny...you or Olivia! This is so great! And what a photo op right? I love it!

Melissa said...

So did she come like this or is this a learned habbit from her parents cleanliness?

Carrie said...

We are clean people also, but she has exhibited these OCD signs and many others since Day 1. PROMISE!

Laura said...

Funny... it will be interesting to see how far she takes this. I hope she likes to clean when you start giving her chores...HAHHAA!

Talbot Family said...

Wowsers, she is like a savant. Maybe she'll be able to count cards and win you big money. OCD is great until the freakout happens because things aren't the way you had them. I was an organize the diapers around you in a pattern with all Elmo's up child. My closet is color coordinated. When she is a teenager, come see me and I will help you out.

Amie said...

You know though...I wouldn't worry about it at this young of an age. Chelsea used to do this all the time, and still does (sort of) with all her junk that she ends up collecting. She just values what is hers, and has a spot for everything. Even if it looks like a mess to me! But with Olivia being so young, it may just be discovering and experimenting. But then again, you never know...maybe she IS OCD!

Hey, but I like to color coordinate my closet too. Although it was only after I saw a TV special on someone who'd gone blind and they were working with a specialist in order to become independent again, and color coordinating your closet just seemed to make sense to me after that.

Good Luck!!! (and don't worry...much.)