Monday, June 9, 2008

MOTIVATION!


I was a little selfish this weekend, and gave myself a 'quitting work' present!  I bought this FABULOUS LIME GREEN treadmill over the weekend!  Can I just say that I LOVE IT!  I also need to give a shout out to my fantastic husband who VERY strongly encouraged me to get it.  Not only did he encourage me to buy this, but he made TWO trips back down to The Gateway to pick it up.  Let me just say that when a dorky, very young and slightly confused looking teenager 'guesses' at how big your treadmill box is, and says it'll fit in your jeep, DON'T BELIEVE HIM!  So, thank you Robyn, for letting us once again borrow your 'much-bigger-than-our-jeep-truck' and go back down to get my gift!  Also, when that slightly confused teenager tells you that putting a treadmill together is very easy, "You just screw the sidearms on,"  DON'T BELIEVE HIM THEN, EITHER!  Grr.  Oh well, Brad and I had fun and many laughs and a few frustrating moments putting it together.  Thanks to his brilliance, I have a full functioning, and very amazing treadmill that even matches my iPod shuffle in color to run on!  Thanks Babe!  Oh, and I've already ran 2.5 miles on it today while jamming to my iPod music coming out of it's speakers!  Awesome!  Now, THAT's motivation to run!

12 scribbles...:

Laura said...

LOVE THE TREADMILL!!! I have never seen a green treadmill before... so "fancy". Way to go... keep up the work out.

Robyn said...

Totally cool treadmill. Now all you need are lime green shoes and work out clothes (jk). I really am excited for you!

Talbot Family said...

Wow, lime green? Do they come in hot pink too? All I know is that if the lime green doesn't rev you up, you are pretty much hosed on the endorphins.

Carrie said...

Ash, they had one other color there, it was a dusty red color. Definitely NOT as cool as the lime green you see here. I'll google search a hot pink for you!

Perry's said...

that is a great color. It looks like fun. I agree with Robyn. You need the clothes to go with it. J/K

Tiffany said...

That is one schnazzy machine. Too hi tech for me I think. Way to go!!

Megan said...

I'd totally run 2.5 miles every day if I had that!

jenhatch said...

That is SO awesome of a treadmill! I LOVE it!! Good for you!

And I totally hear you on the dorky teenage kid part... when we got our elliptical it was "no problem" putting it together... and hours and hours, bitter words between Shayne and I were had (we don't put things together very well), 4 new shipments of parts to our house - our elliptical was finally up and running... but it is stuck on the highest incline... and has been, for 5 years now. Oh well...

But way to go on your suh-weet green one, so cool!

Kensington said...

way totally wicked! it is so cool! i love it. i love the color.

Karina Belle said...

Hot new lime green treadmill. It is way wickedly SWEET looking. Happy running.

Amie said...

Just keep in mind that treadmills and Olivia do not mix. As I learned to my horror with Baden. He's going to have to have surgery on 2 of his fingers later in life when his current scar tissue ends up bending his finger(s) as he keeps growing.

Sarah said...

Um...do you think you could find me some motivation? I love it!!

And I have to agree with Amie-- kids at any age and treadmills don't mix. My cousin's little girl (age 7) got her hand caught in it, messed up her hand, and almost lost a few fingers...super scary.

In an effort to keep my favorite little redhead safe from anything that can harm her...you are more than welcome to keep it at my place ;) lol