Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Final Countdown...

For all of those *cough* "well-wishers" *cough* who wished twins upon us with this pregnancy...  Here is a picture we obtained today at the Doctor's office.  It's not the highest quality ultrasound, that will be done in four weeks.  This was a quick ultrasound done to let my poor heart and brain (and Brad's) finally get some peace.
I hate to break it to you, but there is definitely only ONE baby inside of me growing at the moment. WHEW!! I thought I would be a little sad to find out there was only one, but honestly, it was just a big sigh of relief!  We tried pretty hard to find out the sex of the baby, but the little tyke was doing cartwheels and all sorts of flips during the photo shoot.
As you can see in this photo, the baby has his/her back to us.  The long white stripe down the center is his/her backbone.  The head is located on the left.  Doc said everything looks good and healthy.  Which is what I was most worried about.  We finally got to hear a heart beat.  He/Her clocked in at 171 bpm.  It was a fun visit.  Sorry to let you down, but look on the bright side... No one will have to move in with us now, and we don't have to buy a new car yet!

12 scribbles...:

Laura said...

THis is wonderful!!! I am happy to hear that all is well. It will be fun to find out if its a boy or a girl. I am so happy for you, I think being prego is the best thing EVER! HOpe you are feeling well.

Anonymous said...

sweet! that is soo exciting! at first i couldn't see the picture...then i tilted my head... and "oh! i see it!" ha ha ha. how cool!

Maricela said...

That is great! Congratulations; I am excited for the new addition to your family. I had been checking your blog all day for this, you know! :)

Tiffany said...

High-5's for healthy babies! Or should I say healthy baby :) Maybe you could borrow my doctor for a couple of visits...he gives us an ultrasound everytime we go. Actually, I am almost quite good at reading them now...maybe we could just break into his office and borrow his little machine for a few minutes...hahaha! You should tell your boss you need one on your firetruck!

Melissa said...

Well I'm so happy everything is going well for the baby.
Can't wait to find out what it is.

Robyn said...

Okay, okay, okay...maybe not this pregnancy, but someday there will be multiple babies being grown in your womb at one time. I'm glad HE'S healthy!

Richard and Marianne said...

Not twins is good for now but I definitely feel they may be somewhere in your future! (probably that last pregnancy where you say "okay maybe we could have just ONE more...")
Any thoughts boy or girl? I have been reading your blog today and I have to say I am impressed with your thoughts... pretty dang spiritually mature.
Mar

RaShawn said...

I'm so glad the baby is healthy. Let me know if the baby is a boy or a girl so I know what color to crochet.

Tiffany said...

Sorry you couldn't find out the sex today, but I can't wait to hear pink or blue.

Linetta said...

There's ALWAYS a bright side to having a single birth...now "maybe" you can get some sleep? (Don't count on it) I was VERY relieved when I had my first ultrasounds to make sure I only had one instead of many. Congratulations!

Megan said...

That's great! What a cute little meatball.

Talbot Family said...

I am soooo disappointed. I had visions of double trouble bouncing around in my mind. But I must say, if motherly intuition can't work for most women, why not make it even for all. Every person I have ever known who thought one thing only found out that it was the opposite. Enjoy this beautiful new single soul.