My favorite time of the year is coming! It's right around the corner! Can you feel it? Can you smell the crispness of fall lingering in the air? I'm so excited! I love fall! The world paints itself new vibrant colors. The changes are dramatic! Walking through fallen leaves on a sidewalk is one of my favorite sounds. I love the cooler evenings. I love being able to 'bundle up' in long sleeves, jackets and sweaters. I love the way our minds seem to turn to families during this season, knowing that there are holidays coming soon that will bring families together. I wish that fall would last about 2 months longer than it does, and that old man winter would shorten his stay by about 4 months. When the leaves start changing I start getting the tingle. I like to pull out my fall decorations, (which I will be doing tonight.) I like to start thinking of Halloween costumes and making fun "owl" sugar cookies for Halloween. I start craving Thanksgiving dinner, and I get REALLY REALLY excited for Christmas! The Christmas music starts into the rotations to be played... (sorry Brad). I'm so excited to share this time with Olivia this year. Now that she's a able to talk and grasp more things, I think she'll have more fun trick-or-treating, playing in the leaves and getting really excited for Christmas! I can't wait to teach her all my family traditions. What fun things do you do in the fall?
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


14 scribbles...:
Brad and Bryan may not fully appreciate our early Christmas music, but my kids are converted....it's a beautiful thing hahaha! Here's to sweater wearing!
Fall has not been one of my favorite seasons, but after reading your post I may change my mind.
I'm the same as Rashawn but when you put it like that, I tend to agree with you.
I love summer!!
But you're right, I love thanksgiving, Halloween and most of all CHRISTMAS!!
I'm going to get out the Autumn decorations as well and start figuring out how to cook a thanksgiving dinner and start figuring out how to make a CAt in the Hat costume for Masaru.
Wish me luck.
Ooo, I was thinking about fall just the other day, and I couldn't wait to start cooking with apples. The smell of cinnamon and spices in the air is the best. I told Zeke Thanksgiving was my favorite holiday because the main event is the dinner (and I LOVE to eat). Nobody is rushing through dinner to get to the other exciting thing for the day.
I am so glad you found me that means I can find you too! Things are going great and I am so jealous that you get to have the season Fall...here in Texas we don't really get Fall....sort of but not really. Oh how I will miss it this year....
I love that you mention the tingle. I love the fall, and my body also starts to tingle all over. I love running in the fall, pumpkin patches, corn stalks, candy corn, witches festival, Halloween and Thanksgiving. I could also go on and on, but instead I think I will enjoy the intoxicating crispness outside.
I was thinking the same thing just the other night! I love the picture you put up top. 'Tis the season.
Your post makes me excited for fall although it's not my favorite (I love Spring). I just told Heston the other day that I want us to have Thanksgiving dinner at our house, just the three of us this year. He agreed, so I am excited for that!
Fall is my VERY FAVORITE season. I like the not super warm days, with really cool nights. I love the beautiful fall colors. I love the clothes that have been packed under my house that I get to pull out and wear. I LOVE HALLOWEEN!!!
Hmmmmmm, good argument Carrie, but it didn't win me over. I love the change of the leaves but not the crisp air. My favorite time of year has got to be summer! I would love it if there was a month of May and a month of September, and a month of winter from Thanksgiving Day to New Years' Day and then I would love the rest of the time to be summer! Fireworks, camping, swimming, walks, family reunions/gatherings, picnics, BBQ's, sleeping with the windows open and listening to the night....ahhhhh. I just love it. Sure, it may get a little hot, but that is what shade is for, and air conditioning if you have it. If not, shade and a glass full of ice, nothing but ice! :)
Boy, looking at that picture at the top of your blog just swooped me right back to WV! That's what it looked like outside my window when I lived there! I have to admit, Fall in WV is gorgeous and it stays warmer a lot longer than it does here. It seems that once the leaves turn, brrrrrr, here comes the cold!
I love Fall. It is one of my most favorite seasons of the year. Not too warm and not too cold. And I love the leaves. I drove through sardine a couple of days ago, and it was beautiful up there!
I LOVE this picture! I'm such a sucker for big trees on both sides of a street! It's an added bonus that the leaves are my favorite color here!
Yes...there is nothing quite like fall. I have so enjoyed being outside and you can feel it coming....I love Halloween and Thanksgiving and Christmas...but I don't like the cold....Fall just doesn't last long enough!
Post a Comment