Monday, July 28, 2008

Olivia's Professional Haircut...

We took Olivia  to get her first 'professional' haircut on Saturday.  I was worried about a few things... #1 - She wouldn't let the stylist cut her hair.  #2 - We'd cut off all her cute curls and they wouldn't grow back #3 - I wouldn't like the haircut when we were done.  BUT... all my fears were for naught!  Olivia did fantastic!  She sat perfectly still through the haircut, no screaming, fighting, nothing!  She was completely mesmerized by the T.V.  
Before picture.  I love that she looks like a floating head...
The first cuts.  She did great!
I asked her if she'd smile for me so I could take a picture
and she looked at me and said, "No Mom, No."
Finished product.  Not a lot different, 
just trimmed up the ends, layered around her face.
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE her haircut!

16 scribbles...:

Julie said...

Ooooohhhh soooo cute!

I remember when Joseph was her age. He had the cutest little ringlets, it was back in the day when mullets were popular and his hair was so cute and I didn't want to cut it. When I finally did, he had no more curls. :( So sad.

Reminds me of another haircut years and years and years and years ago...How many years has it been Brad? :) In fact, he had a bubble gum sucker in his mouth sucking on that the same time as getting his haircut. Just like Olivia. :)

Hawks Family said...

So cute! The haircut turned out great. I've been thinking about getting my kids' hair cut by a professional - ok, anyone who knows more about what they are doing than me! Looks like it turned out well for you. Maybe we'll give it a try the next time they need cuts.

Melissa said...

I'm really glad you like her haircut. That's so important.
I'm really glad she did so well.

Sarah said...

I had the same initial fears taking Meg into some of her "professional" haircuts. It is always surprising how still they sit. The cut looks cute!

Heather Harbaugh said...

she is so stinking cute!

Jenn Douglas said...

Cute haircut. Thats awesome that she just sat there in the chair. That doesn't happen very often. She is getting too big.

Megan said...

Hey super cute cut. I've been kind of anti-computer lately--either that or just all out lazy, so sorry this is late, but congrats on the new meatball that's coming. I'm super excited for you.

Sarah said...

Cute, cute, CUTE!! She's so good... you never know if they are sitting still because they are a bit scared/nervous... or if they just aren't too excited about talking to strangers... or if they are very interested in what the heck this lady is doing to their hair with scissors...

I'm glad it went well and that you like it! I miss the Morris family!! I need to come visit.

Love yer guts!

Perry's said...

She is so cute. She looks just like you. Great cut

Robyn said...

The haircut looks great! I love your stinkin cute kid!

Heather Harbaugh said...

Robyn said "stinking cute too." She copied me...that or she's my sister and we think alike :)

Laura said...

She looks darling and her hair looks SO long, even after the haircut. She is so CUTE!

Talbot Family said...

I love the floating head picture, but whats not to love about a floating head? The haircut looks great. Way to go mom. She will always be beautiful, even when she takes the scissors to her own hair one day.

Tiffany said...

Liah's first professional haircut was to "undo" her own professional haircut :) I am happy to hear you didn't have that trauma to deal with. She looks too cute!!!

Williams Tale Overture said...

oh my heck I cannot believe she just sits there so nice and lets them cut her hair. Everytime Cash gets a haircut it is like a full on rodeo. We need to get together maybe Olivia will rub off on Cash a little bit.

Natalie said...

"No Mom, No." !!!!!! Ha!! I laughed outloud! That's awesome! You have a cute one there.... I'll put her at #2 for now.