Tuesday, July 8, 2008

More Banana stuff...

I found this delicious recipe.  I can't wait to try it, but I have to buy some fresh and (not brown) bananas first.  If you try it before I do, let me know how it turns out.  Looks like the perfect summer treat.


Cold and Creamy Banana Pudding

1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 1/2 cups cold water
1 (3.5 ounce) package instant pudding and pie filling
2 cups (1 pint) whipped cream or cool whip
36 vanilla wafers
3 medium bananas, sliced and dipped in lemon juice

In a large mixing bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and water.  Add pudding mix and beat until well blended.  CHILL 5 minutes in fridge. Fold in whipped topping.  (Do this slowly and as few times as possible to combine, so the mixture will retain it's thickness.)  Spoon 1 cup pudding mixture into 2 1/2 quart glass serving bowl.  Top with 1/3 each of wafers, bananas and pudding. Repeat twice.  Garnish as desired.  Chill thoroughly.  Refrigerate any leftovers.  (You can also layer in individual serving dishes.)

4 scribbles...:

Melissa said...

You're so naughty man. Now how am I suppose to loose 10 pounds this month?

Jacque said...

Mmm! This looks yummy! Thanks for adding me to your blog! hope you win! I love Bare Escentuals too! So nice!
J.Gundy

Elisa said...

Banana's make me gag.
Literally, I dry heave.
Sorry.
I am sure you will love it though!

Julie said...

This looks delicious Carrie! If it is anything at all like my Mom's banana pudding then it will be a hit! Thanks!