Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Brad's Favorite...



This treat is Brad's favorite thing to snack on.  It's just simple Banana Bread.  I've been making it a lot lately. (Probably cuz I was trying to be health conscious, bought too many bananas, and they all went brown before we could eat them...)
I was surprised at how easy this recipe is, and figured some of you might want to try it out... so, I'm sharing.  It's Brad's mom's recipe, so that's probably why he likes it so much.  Enjoy!

Banana Nut Bread

1 C. sugar
1/2 C. butter
2 bananas, mashed
2 C. flour
2 eggs
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 C. nuts (optional)  
I substitute the nuts with chocolate chips.

Cream butter and sugar.  Add eggs, beating well.  Add bananas and nuts (or chips).  Add dry ingredients, mixing well.  Bake in greased bread pan for 1 hour at 350 degrees with a pan of water on bottom rack of oven.  When bread is browned, turn oven to 325 degrees until done.
I put this recipe into 2 different bread pans, and it makes the perfect size loaf.

9 scribbles...:

Melissa said...

Hey thanks. I love all these recipies.

Elisa said...

On my world, when I get to create it, there will be no bananas.

Julie said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Finally I have my Mom's banana bread recipe!!! It is so hard to find or get any of Mom's recipe's because Trish has had them boxed up for 13 years! I'm excited that Lindsay is doing the recipe book with all of my Mom's recipes. I bet Brad is looking forward to it too. :) Thanks again for the recipe!

Sarah said...

Ok, so here I sit at work...wishing the clock would move faster. So I check your blog to see what you've been up to...and you've posted a picture and recipe for this banana bread...and I don't even like bananas...but banana bread is good... and then I read the part about using chocolate chips instead of nuts...which sounds like a little bit of divinity!!! ...I am now salivating and I feel like I'm starving! Thanks Fred!! ;)

Laura said...

How do you get your chips not to sink to the bottom? every time I use chips they all sink... I love it with nuts. Thanks for the recipe I will have to try it out.

Carrie said...

Laura, I honestly don't know.... Maybe this batter is thick enough to keep them suspended? Let me know if they sink on you again...

Talbot Family said...

Everything is better with chocolate chips! Everything. Why wouldn't you add them to a way too nutritious fruit paked loaf of bread? Nobody wants nuts when the store sells chocolate chips.

Talbot Family said...

I really can spell "packed"

Jill said...

I will only eat banana bread with chocolate chips. If there aren't any chips then a thick slather of butter to help it go down!! But, yes, chocolate chips is the way to go.....might have to make this one....got a bunch of black bananas taking up space on the counter....hmmm.......