Saturday, July 26, 2008

Baby Update...



I guess I should probably give some details about this pregnancy...  I've heard inquiring minds want to know... but, if you don't want to know, just enjoy the cute little picture of the Marzipan Frosting baby up there... (That's amazing work...)  But, back to the subject at hand:

I'm almost 3 months along.  (11 weeks).  I'm due sometime the first couple weeks of February. Mostly, I feel... okay.  This pregnancy is different than it was with Olivia.  Although I have yet to throw up while being pregnant, (knock on wood), I feel almost nauseated more this time around.   I definitely have to keep my stomach full, but when I eat anything, it fills up FAST, and then I'm too full.  Beyond that, it's the general aches and being tired ALL. OF. THE. TIME. that I'm trying to contend with now.  But, since I'm almost past the 1st trimester, I'm hoping that goes away soon... Oh... and my pants are already getting too small!  What!?  I wore my jeans (button done up and all) until I was 5 months with Olivia!  I'll be lucky to wear them another month! Most people didn't know I was pregnant until I was almost due!  I don't think that's going to happen this time.  My belly is growing faster this time around.

I haven't been to the doctor yet... I know... CRAZY!  My doctor goes out of town, or more like out of the country, a couple times a year for humanitarian work.  She was gone most of July. But, after my first visit, if there is anything new, I'll keep you updated.  In the meantime, anyone got any advice on how to get used to 2 kids instead of 1?  Am I going to die?  I figure if I start trying to psych myself up now for it, I won't be completely blind-sighted in 6 1/2 months!

12 scribbles...:

Hawks Family said...

I found going from 1 to 2 is a bit more difficult that going from 0 to 1. I think that's mostly because now you have two to take care of that are different in their wants and needs. You can do it though, it's tough, but it's doable. Prepare yourself for very little sleep - even less than you had with the first one. Unless you're lucky enough to have them nap at the same time during the day, you can pretty much count out getting any sleep then. I am so excite for you! It's hard, but so worth it. My kids play so well together now that they're both a bit older and that is a definitely benefit!

Melissa said...

I had a hard time with two for about 4-6 weeks then it was just fine. I'm lazy at heart and Masaru basically raises himself so when Yuki came along I actually had to get up and have somewhat of a routine. If you already have a routine with Olivia it should be fine. I think the more kids you have, the more organized you need to be.
2 kids means you don't have to change your car! So that's nice. It's the 3 I'm worried about LOL
3 CAR SEATS.
Yuki and Masaru nap at the same time. It's easy to do when you're on a flexible schedule. If Olivia still naps then that time in the afternoon will be precious.
Yuki LOVES to shop, so going out with the both of them is easy.
Ok I dunno if that helped or if I just vented about my life and used you as a sounding board.

Richard and Marianne said...

I think 2 is actually easier! I remember wondering how people even got anything done when I had one... I didn't even dare get in the shower unless someone was there to watch Sam. By the time I had 2 I had way gotten over that and they kind of interacted with each other so it was a blast! Three was the kicker for me (then we were outnumbered!) So as long as it is just 2 kids (wink, wink) it should be toast! You know~ twins do run in the family...ON BOTH SIDES! Just think happy thoughts!

Kayla said...

I didn't know you are expecting! Yay! I'm so happy for you!

Sara said...

Carrie you could be going from 1 to 3. We will see. What will you do with cars if that is the situation?

Trish and Greg said...

Congrats, you guys! That's soooo exciting! Well, two is definitely harder, but do-able. The thing that helped us with the second baby is involving the first child during the wait. Linds is 26 months older than 'Lizbeth. She got her first big doll (a Cabbage Patch doll) and she named him (we thought we were having a boy), and carried him around, and we worked on how to hold, touch, & talk to him. It was surprisingly easy for her to transition to a real live baby. The only panic time was when she picked the baby up and carried her from one end of the house to the other because "she was crying for you, Mommy." We were lucky she didn't drop her! So, we practiced that loving connection before the baby came, and she still loves her little sister a ton. It's lasted for 23 years! They're BFF.

Robyn said...

Hmm, 1 to 3 is going to be a challenge, but we'll be here to help you out. I have no advice. We've talked this subject to death, but I know you can do it and Olivia will be an amazing little helper. I've seen her with dollies. She's very concerened about diapers, blankets, bottles, she's got the whole bit down.

Julie said...

Ha-ha-ha....The transition stage has begun! :)

My transition actually kind of sucked. We moved and then that night I went into labor with Joseph and had him the next day, so when I got home, I had a house to unpack and organize. Yeah, right. It didn't get done for a few months. Then to top it off, Mom died 3 months later, so there were a lot of non-essential boxes that never got unpacked.

All I have to say is rest. When Olivia is sleeping, you sleep. That is what helped me through all of it. Joseph was a really good baby, not like he is now at 13, demanding. Justin was a good brother that liked to help with diapers and taking care of baby when Mom was in the shower. Luckily I had a VCR and could pop in a tape when I needed to do something that would keep Justin entertained and not wanting to hold or carry Joseph around.

Like I said, REST! That is the most important thing you can do to help with the transition. The more tired you are the more overwhelming it can get. Good luck with everything! I am so excited for you both!!

Perry's said...

that is funny that we were talking about it and now you are pregnant. I will laugh it is twins

Jill said...

Two is a breeze....you will find that you worried for nothing. Olivia will be the best big sister and you will find that involving her in baby stuff will be very rewarding for her and you. Three is the killer!! There isn't anyone to take the extra baby! Oh fun times ahead!! :)

Laura said...

This is so fun... I think it would be awesome to go from 1 to 3!!!! You can do it, whatever it is. 2 was harder for me than 3, I am excited to know how your appointments go... keep us posted!

Talbot Family said...

I had no idea that you were that far along. Wow, time is a flying. Two, hmmmmm, can't help you out there. Good luck.