Brad, Pepe, Veronica (daughter), Veronica (mom), Carolina, and Carol
Here's a little Morris family history lesson for you... Brad, (my husband), served in the Madrid, Spain mission. Ten years before Brad served there, his sister, Carol, also served in the Madrid, Spain mission. That's right... same mission, ten years apart. While Carol was serving there, she met and taught Veronica. Veronica was baptized, met Pepe, and had two beautiful daughters, Veronica and Carolina. (Carolina was named after Carol...) While Brad was serving in Spain, he met Veronica and her family. They treated him like GOLD. (Not that I can blame them....) There were instant friendships formed that will last an eternity. Well, this beautiful family has just made their first trip to the United States, and spent two weeks in Utah! We got the opportunity to have dinner with them a few times, and Brad and Carol got to reunite with long time friends. It was fun for Olivia and me to meet them. They head back to Spain tomorrow, and they will be missed. It was fun to hear the Spanish flow off Brad's fluent tongue. It was even more fun to hear Veronica get after Brad for not teaching me Spanish so I could understand what they were saying.... But, that's another story.

7 scribbles...:
Wow that's a really cool story. I love it.
One of my favorite things to see while over in Spain was a small family (mom and two sons) who also treated Matt liked gold. Knowing they had such an influence on each other was great.
I'm glad that you got to spend time with them. And, I'm sure the salty STINKY Salt Lake will not be soon forgotten by them!
p.s. It sure is a small world...all of the Spanish missionaries we know! it must take GENERATIONS of influence to get those Catholics!
That is such a fantastic story! You know what's even more fantastic? I followed it....so you must have explained it well. Thanks for sharing!
HOW FUN!!! What a treat! How amazing that 10 years later Carol and Brad met the same people... great times.
Glad Brad and Carol had the chance to be reunited with the Spainards, and glad you and Olivia had a chance to share in Brad's happy reunion.
Post a Comment