Here it is.... The new cast!
Tagen was able to get her hard cast today. When we took off her splint, we noticed a pretty nasty bruise on the inside of her wrist right where the break is. I was also able to wash her arm and hand before the cast went on. She LOVED that. I'm pretty excited about this new cast. It's thinner than her splint, so hopefully her shirt sleeves will fit over it AND it's water proof! That means normal baths again. As you can tell, she got a hot pink cast. I figured since we are expecting more pink in our immediate future, we might as well make the most of it everywhere. She's back to not using her left hand at all, but I'm hoping that's just until she gets acclimated to the hard cast. Now we just need to make sure she doesn't use the new cast as a weapon when Olivia makes her mad. We just might end up with more broken bones if she does.

12 scribbles...:
Dang that's a stinkin' cute kid, if I do say so myself!
Love the pink! Hope she gets adjusted to it soon.
Oh no, gotta hate that she can't touch her thumb and fingers together. So frustrating. Had this same cast in college on my right hand. Let's just say I can now write with my left hand too.
So lucky it's waterproof. Didn't even know that existed. How does that work with water that gets underneath it though. Does it have a built in dryer and air freshener?
LOVE the hot pink and that it's waterproof.
I hope it all heals well.
How long will it be on for?
When I first saw just the title I assumed I'd click over to your blog and see your girls playing funny parts in a pretend play or something...you know, as the featured "cast." This kind of cast is not so much fun. But, at least it's waterproof. It's got that going for it. :)
(and, I really like your top header. 'tis the season!)
Love the last picture posted! What adorable little creatures you guys manufacture! Send some of those my way! :) Not specifically for me, but for my grandkids....ahem.....Chelsey......Dave.... :)
There's always one that gets all the boo-boos in the family. Evidently, it's preparation for the future; toughening up, etc. She will soon find out how to use that cast to her benefit. Olivia, watch out!!! She's so dang cute! They both are!!!
Does baby sister have a name yet?
She will definately find many uses for the cast. Some good, some not so good. She sure looks cute though! They both melt my heart and I can't wait for our(your) next arrival!
I agree with Brad - that is one cute kid! I'm sorry about the cast. I remember my little brother broke his arm and could not stand the cast and he picked and picked at it until he took t off.
Hot pink? Of COURSE! Hey, if you are going to be broken, be broken in style. John and his bro. got into it in high School and he wore bruised waffle prints all over his face for a week :) I am hoping for the best.
She is too cute! If your going to have a cast it might as well be hot pink!
How is little Ms Tagen doing? She is so cute!!!!
Post a Comment