Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween 2010

Because Halloween fell on a Sunday this year, we did our celebrating on Saturday. We were able to spend the day together as a family and kept it fairly low key. We were able to carve our Jack-O-Lantern, dance some jigs and go Trick-or-Treating.
Here's yet another picture tale of our activities....
Olivia and I drew the face on the pumpkin
and then it was Brad's job to carve it out...
Olivia did get to help pull out the guts,
but she quickly stopped because she didn't like the smell.
Both girls admiring Daddy's handiwork.
We had some Halloween music playing and both girls decided to dance to it....
Olivia REALLY got into it....
See?
After the rainstorm stopped, we got the girls into their costumes.
Here are my two little pieces of Candy Corn.
Olivia wore Tagen's costume when she was two and when she found
out I had planned on Tagen wearing it this year, she was determined that
she was going to be a candy corn also. Thanks Mom for making another costume for us!
Done with the obligatory pictures!
"Let's go get some candy!"
Those were the magic words! This was pretty much the scene all night....
Tagen tagging along behind Olivia as they approached each door.
We couldn't keep up with Olivia and Tagen was just content to wait until all the other
kids had their candy, then she'd walk up to the door and hold out her pumpkin.
It didn't take her long to figure out that she likes Trick-or-Treating.

15 scribbles...:

Jill said...

LOL!!! That is so cute. I love those girls!

Laura said...

They look so cute!!!! and yummy :)

Glad you guys had fun :)

Sarah said...

So, you know I love that picture of Tagen (2nd from the bottom) peering back. LOVE IT!
Yep. She really was a highlight of my night. Sweet thing, waiting for the others to get done before reaching out for hers.

The pictures really make it look like you had a good laid-back kind of day. Thank goodness the rain stopped.

Sara said...

cute cute!

jenhatch said...

CUTE costumes!! GOtta love the dancing too. If they dance anything like Ava... uncoordinated is hilarious!

Hawks Family said...

Darling costumes - glad they enjoyed Halloween!

Tris said...

carrie--i just LOVED these little girls in their costumes! one of the highlights of my night. couldn't be cuter.

Cherringtons said...

So cute!! Looks like you guys had a great day!

Richard and Marianne said...

Carrie... you do realize that you have posted twice in one month... I think I might be fainting! Nope~ just a false alarm but you have to be careful, you could really shock someone with all the blog mania going on... pictures and everything!
Mar

Talbot Family said...

I have a big old smile on my face from watching that Olivia Kate dance. sooo cute. Best little candy corns EVER! I wish you would have come trick or treating to Gucci's, or have just came up and ate chili with us. They are darling and it looks like they had a great time.

Jenn Douglas said...

Did you teach Olivia how to move like that? She is a crazy girl! They look so cute in their costumes!

Marilyn said...

The girls looked great. Glad to hear they had fun. So adorable!

RaShawn said...

They are both so cute. Love the costumes!

Tiffany said...

I love the "jig". Got to love those crazy personalities. I'm glad Tagen liked trick or treating. Elijah didn't want much to do with it.

Melissa said...

I'm just looking at this now and can't even believe I didn't comment since your girls are so awesome.
Sorry man.