Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Our Thankful Turkeys...

For FHE this week, I wanted to teach Olivia and Tagen about the meaning behind Thanksgiving. So, I found a cute idea on the internet and quickly made the cutouts and got everything ready. We talked to Olivia about being grateful for our many many blessings and she told us some things she is grateful for. We wrote them down on the tail feathers and she glued them onto her turkey. Then we hung them up to remind us throughout the week. Very easy, and very age appropriate for my little family. Here they are....

(this is also our last "cast free" picture of Mater for the next few weeks...)

Olivia is sure to tell everyone that she talks to on the phone about the Turkeys we made. She loves to pick out which one is hers and tell me about the things she's grateful for. I guess it was a lesson well learned... or at least, enjoyed by her.

6 scribbles...:

Brad said...

I love Tagen's face in this picture, and that Olivia is holding her race car, lol. Way cute girls you got there. Dad must be one lucky punk. :-)

Talbot Family said...

That child is amazing. I could do 85 million cute things with Adessa and she wouldn't even think a second thought about it. Love that Olivia Kate. Give her a big squish and tell her that I am thankful for her and for being a wonderful friend to Addie.

Sarah said...

Ah, those are cute. Great things written down - from gospel blessings to chocolate! :)

Hope your little family has a good Thanksgiving.

RaShawn said...

What a cute idea! The picture is too cute!

Tris said...

great idea, carrie! don't you love it when you put effort into fhe and they actually learn from it!? hopefully you didn't have too much mess either :) what a super mom you are. that new little girl is so blessed to be coming to your family.

Tiffany said...

I love when our efforts are appreciated and loved. So much motivation to do it again.