Thursday, December 2, 2010

What's In A Name?

(Just so no one thinks I consider myself the bomb and have to talk about myself in 3rd person,
THIS POST WAS WRITTEN BY BRAD for his family's blog)

Since there have been some asking, I thought I would tell you we have a name for chica numero tres.
It will be LEGEN- wait for it -DARY!
It will be monumental! It will be unforgettable! Okay, enough drama.

Her name will be Gracie Pearl Morris.

We had tossed several names around. Carrie was leaning toward Payton, and I was liking Riley. Carrie had even thrown out the name Grace a few weeks back, it just didn't stick. But we went to the Temple on the Saturday before Thanksgiving to do a session. The name of the woman Carrie was doing work for happened to be Grace. She said, "I keep getting drawn to that name. I need to think about it." I half-jokingly threw out the name Gracie. Little did we know that all through the session both of us were being bombarded with the name. I swear someone was shouting it at me, because I couldn't even focus on the session. In the Celestial Room afterward, Carrie came straight to me and said, "I think we're supposed to name this baby, Gracie." I was like, "I know!! You got it too, huh?" It was just one of those moments that happens only in the Temple.

It's all very fitting, since Gracie was Carrie's nickname growing up, and Pearl is her Grandmother's name.
So there you have it - Gracie Pearl. A fitting namesake.

Carrie's due date is February 9th, but doc has already told her she'll most likely take her at 38 weeks, which puts us in the last week of January.
If all goes to plan, we will have this baby on mine and my Mom's birthday, (Jan 26th), to carry on a very special tradition.

10 scribbles...:

Melissa said...

That's gotta be one of the coolest name stories I've heard.

Lucky Gracie.

Unknown said...

Ooooh!!! I love it!!! And, I love you!!!
Congrats again!!! Can't wait to see pictures of Gracie Pearl!!!

Woot!

Annette said...

Aw! I love temple stories like that! So amazing and what a cute name!!

Sarah said...

I LOVE that it carries on Carrie's childhood nickname (middle name? random nickname?) and her G'mas.

I love that Gracie might make her appearance on your b-day, Brad.

I love that you both were feeling the same impressions about the name.

I love that you, Carrie, got Brad to write this out and get it recorded!!

AND, I LOVE the name!

Love all around :)

Kristin said...

awesome story, experience, name. Love it.

Tiffany said...

EEEK!!!! I love that name!!!!!! Good thing I'm not pregnant or I'd have to 'borrow' it ;)

Carrie said...

Sarah - I "earned" the nickname Gracie after spending a WHOLE summer on crutches for multiple sprains and tendonitis. In fact, at one point, I had crutches AND a sprained wrist. That made life interesting. Let's just say that I'm not known for my grace and balance. I was pretty dang klutzy growing up. :)

Talbot Family said...

First of all, I am on the 5th season of How I Met Your Mother and it is AWESOME! Secondly, I think that Gracie Pearl is perfect. Love it, love it. I am super excited, but a little sad to not be there. Can't wait.

RaShawn said...

That is a perfect name! Love it! Your story about knowing it in the temple gave me warm chills.

Melissa said...

Did you know I look up your blog to listen to your Christmas music?
Thanks man our family loves it.