Look Mom!
Broken and proud of it!
Tagen and Olivia have a game where they pull all my couch cushions off the couch and line the floor with them. They then proceed to jump from one cushion to another. Well today, something went wrong in the landing phase for Tagen. I had just walked out of the room for a second when I heard a different cry from her that just kept getting worse. I ran back into the room and found her face down on the cushion. I rolled her over expecting to see a bloody mouth or something and Tagen instantly grabbed her left arm. She continued holding it and crying for the next half hour. I knew something was wrong because Tagen doesn't cry about stuff for that long. She's pretty quick to get over the pain and move on. When her fingers started swelling, I called Brad and told him I was taking her to the doctor. So, an hour later and two sets of x-rays later, we have a broken Tagen. She has a buckle fracture on her ulna bone. Once the brace was on, she seemed to do much better with the pain. She's going to be sporting this brace until the beginning of next week and then we'll take her back in and get a cast put on it. She's our child that will keep us on our toes looks like... and with all her experience this early in life, I'm really going to push her towards medical school when she's older. She'd be a fantastic doctor that can truly empathize with all of her patients!

12 scribbles...:
Sorry to hear about the arm. Hope it heals quickly and there isn't to much pain.
that is no fun! I hope she can heal quickly!
(I am going to google "buckle fracture of the ulna bone" right now :))
ok... OUCH! That looks painful!!!!!
Oh poor dear! She's so sweet and precious, and broken. :( Be sure to post her choice of cast come Monday for us! Luvs!
OOOh, that is so sad. Poor little girl.
sounds too familiar. It's not too bad actually, esp. since swimming is over for the season. Sorry. Poor thing. She needs to be a doc so she can fix herself!
I swear she has the worst luck! Cute little thing though!
LOL
Carrie, this isn't funny, but I"m just laughing as a 'oh my goodness Tagen REALLY? KINDA laugh.
Carrie that's crazy.
This poor girl.
You are the RIGHT MOTHER for this daughter of Heavenly Father.
Dang! We need to get these kids to calm down don't we. Let's not get Willie and Tagen together, that would be a recipe for disaster. I hope she is feeling better, poor little thing.
Poor baby (and mommy). Good luck with baths, coats, itches, and bonking sister on the head (when the hard cast gets on);)
Darn little thing! I can totally sympathize with you. She looks happy though. Good luck with everything and we can't wait to see you!
so sad, im so sorry!! she is probably about the same age Talia was when she broke her leg. i was also pregnant and had to carry her everywhere. Glad it was her arm for your sake! Hope she heals fast!
Post a Comment