Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tagen's Checkup

We went to Tagen's two week "well baby visit" today at the Doctor's office.  She's doing fantastic! She has gained weight, she's grown a half inch, and she looks healthy and perfect.  She's a little trooper.  They did the last PKU test, and she only cried for about 5 seconds when they pricked her heel, which was good for me.  I HATE seeing my kids get shots and be in pain.

Current Stats:
Height : 22" long (100%)
Weight: 8 lbs 11 oz (75%)
Head Circumference: 14 1/2"

As you can see from this picture, and from the fact that she's gained a pound and a half since coming home, her cheeks are filling back in nicely.  She's getting on a more regular schedule. She's getting up to eat during the night at about midnight-ish and 4:30 a.m.  Not too bad, except she takes FOREVER to eat.  It's almost an hour and a half affair each time.  Oh well, at least she's eating, right?  She's still sleeping through the day, but is staying up longer when she is awake.  She's still a joy to have around, and Olivia still loves giving her hugs and kisses and helping out however she can manage.  She loves to wake her up so she can 'play' with her. We're working on teaching her to let Tagen sleep when she's asleep...

Overall, we're doing really good.  I'm getting used to the fact that we are a family of FOUR now.  I really do have TWO kids.  I'm constantly reminding myself that I won't be tired forever.  I'm relishing the cuddle time I get with Tagen.  I've learned to let the little stuff around my house go.  It doesn't all need to be done, and my house doesn't always need to be spotless.  I feel like poor Olivia gets neglected when I'm nursing Tagen, or when I'm trying to do everything else that is necessary.  But, Olivia is and always has been really good at entertaining herself.  I've also learned to have Olivia read stories with me while I'm feeding Tagen.  That lets her be involved, and she loves to read Tagen all her favorite books.  She really is a fabulous big sister. Any other tricks of the trade from you experienced moms out there would be greatly appreciated.

12 scribbles...:

RaShawn said...

Sounds like your doing great! She is so cute. I'm glad she is doing so well. Not bad on the sleeping thing either.

Melissa said...

I'm with Rashawn.
It sounds like you don't need any advice.
You're doing great and it sounds like the rest of the family are doing well too.

Laura said...

Sounds like you are doing great!!! I tried the reading thing and nursing with my kids and it didn't work. I hope your nights get better!

Hawks Family said...

What a cutie! She looks so big already. And cute little Olivia is just the best big sister. How fun.

Julie said...

I think reading with Olivia while nursing Tagen is a fabulous idea. It helps her feel involved and not left out. Especially if Tagen is that slow of an eater. She has really filled in around her face since I last saw her. I think she has Brad's mouth and quite a bit of Brad in her but that is because I didn't know you as a baby and have not seen baby pictures of you, but she is beginning to look more like Olivia did too! (which means she looks like you!) You have such darling little angels. It has made me so baby hungry that I keep pushing Dave and Chelsey to get busy and get me a baby to hold, cuddle, and play with!! I am so done having kids that there is no way it will happen with us, unless divine intervention so I guess I shouldn't say 'no way'. :)

Anonymous said...

oooooooo! so cute! i cannot wait to see tagen!
sounds like you got the mom thing down carrie! that rocks.

Maricela said...

I am so glad that you are doing well. I love this cute picture of Tagen!

chelle said...

So cute ... makes me want one or two or ten. Now that is cute. m

Verónica Valbuena said...

She's so cute!! how fun your home will be =D.

Talbot Family said...

Hooray for the little eater. I think she looks just like olivia Kate. You are lucky that Olivia is so independent and a good helper. I am ready for sibling-zilla when Will is born. Aaaggh!

5ofus said...

She is so dang cute. I am glad to know that you are surviving life as a family of 4. I think the tricky number is when you have 3 children because you are then out numbered as parents. Enjoy every moment with each of them because before you know it they are going to young womens & you are wondering where the time went. You are a wonderful mom!

jenhatch said...

SO glad to see that ya'll are doing good and her little cheeks are filling out. She's SUPER cute!! I do the reading with the kids while nursing sometimes too... or else who knows what they'll get into. Seems like when I nurse they think they have free reign of the house. Enjoy the cuddles too... and yeah, we won't always be tired!