I have been really impressed with Olivia over the last week at how she's adjusted to having another person in the house to occupy our attention. She's really done remarkably well. Thank goodness she has always been good at entertaining herself. Yesterday, while I was feeding Tagen, I heard Olivia in her room talking non-stop. Every now and then she would come out, tell me some random tidbit of information, then return to her room. I could hear her "reading" her books. It sounded really cute. When I got done feeding Tagen, I went into her room and found all her dolls and stuffed animals lined up like this. She had been sitting where you see the blanket and had been reading to them. It was really really cute.

Today, I had just finished feeding Tagen, (my life now consists of feeding, changing diapers, feeding, rocking Tagen, changing diapers, and missing sleep), But, alas, I digress. After I was done feeding Tagen, Olivia wheeled out her bassinet to me in the family room. She instructed me to put Tagen in there so she could "watch her." I obliged. Pretty soon, Olivia told me Woody would watch Tagen for me so we could play. This is Olivia's version of a babysitter I guess. At least she got an upholder of the law. You know, someone we can trust! Too cute!

Today, (yes, while I was feeding Tagen again), Olivia came out of her room carrying her doll named Annie. She walked up to me and introduced Annie to me. Then she told me Annie's brother had gone home. I said, "Oh, Okay." Then the following conversation took place...
Olivia: "I'm going to see my brother."
Me: "Okay. What is your brother's name?"
Olivia: "Jesus. He misses me, He so far away, He's got little owies,
(while pointing to her hands to show me where.) I go see Him. He loves me."
As they say, from the mouth of babes we are taught all precious things. My precious daughter has taught me again today. Jesus does miss us. Although He really isn't so far away. He did get 'owies' on his hands, and when I go see Him, I will tell Him thank you again and again. I'm so grateful He loves me. Thank you Olivia for teaching me again.

9 scribbles...:
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww too cute.
LOVE how close kids are to the veil! Olivia is too cute and you have obviously taught her VERY well. What a sweet story.
I just love kids and the things that they say. I'm glad you are writing all of these things down.
Seriously adorable children you have...Olivia is so beautiful inside and out, you know she learned that from you...stuff about Jesus doesn't just come up without them being taught it. A major plus is that they are such beautiful children on the outside! Way to go passing on all of your cuteness to the little ones...they are so lucky to have you as a mom.
Way to go Woody. Careful, Buzz might get jealous if Woody gets baby duty too often.
Carrie, I wouldn't doubt that she knows exactly what he looks like and the feel of his loving arms around her. I wish we could all be as pure hearted as that... think how different our world would be! I haven't seen you for a while... you up for visitors around the house?
whoa. that's so awesome!
kids really are close to the veil. wouldn't it be neat if we could have our eyes opened to see how many people are constantly surrounding us? watching us, standing near us, listening, sitting,.... they are all close! especially to watch a baby enter the world. they are probably gathered around your family looking on lovingly.
Thank you for this posting, Carrie. Totally precious!
I would so love to have Woody come and babysit at my house sometime. I am sure Adessa would love it as well. Such a clever girl Olivia.
Post a Comment