Friday, December 5, 2008

Playing in the Snow!

It snowed while visiting my parents this week, and Olivia was SOOO excited.  She has been literally praying for snow since October.  So, when she saw white on the ground, she just had to go out and play.  She loved being able to make fresh new footprints through the backyard.  She'd run all around, then come over to me and tell me her shoes were dirty (covered with snow), so she'd stomp them off and go do it all again.  She had a blast!


She kept looking around for more snow and asking where "Frosty Snowman" was.  It was cute watching her try to figure out how to use her hands with mittens on.  It's the first time she's ever worn them, and I think they were starting to frustrate her.  She finally just took them off and went bare handed.  

11 scribbles...:

Sarah said...

Darn cute! I miss you guys! :)

Laura said...

Lucky! She got to play in the snow. Her hands look so "stiff" with her mittens on... too cute!

Sarah said...

I always feel guilty when my girls don't have gloves on. But it isn't that they weren't sent outside with warm glove...it is that the gloves get tossed to the ground when fingers prove more useful!

Anonymous said...

SO cute! i have been praying for "frosty snowman" to stop by too!

RaShawn said...

How fun. Connor was just asking today when it was going to snow.

Mrs. L said...

Carrie, You won my snow man candy jar giveaway. Congrats! I see you are linked to Laura which is funny because she won my other one tonight. You need to email me your address so I can have it shipped. Thanks so much. Jaime
dejalarsen@aol.com

chelle said...

LUCKY! I want snow. Enjoy. m

Maricela said...

Carrie, Olivia looks so cute in that purple jacket! Roslyn looked out the window this morning and said, Mama it's snowing here! I love how children get so excited over these things!

Tiffany said...

Those darn mittens. Gotta hate 'em until you gotta luv 'em for keep'n those tiny fingers warm.
Elijah did the same thing today when I put his mittens on. He looked at them, then looked at me, then started walking around like a robot. Seriously, mom?

Natalie said...

Carrie,
I was hoping we would see you at the Christmas party yesterday. But no luck.
I love looking at your blog. I hope you are feeling good, Olivia is darling.
Will you call me sometime and we will get together to play:)
Natalie

Talbot Family said...

So cute, I love the purple. Tell Olivia that she can find Frosty now that there is tons of snow.