I'm so excited for Christmas this year. And even though it seems like it's coming faster than I'm going to be ready for it, I can't wait to see Olivia's face as she opens her presents. There's something magical about having kids around for Christmas! This year as we have started getting ready with the decorations and the different parties, Olivia has really started to realize that there is a meaning to this holiday. She LOVES to see all the different baby Jesus statues in the nativities. She loves to carry him around with her and give him loves. She will even make Mary and Joseph kiss when they stand by each other. She LOVES our Christmas tree. She has to be the one to turn on the lights each morning, and we are often greeted with, "I turn on the 'Ho Ho' Lights!" (Yes, all Christmas lights are referred to as 'Ho Ho' lights.) This is Olivia posing by our tree this year. She stopped her dancing to "Santa Clause is Coming to Town" just long enough for me to snap this picture.
We went to a Christmas party last night with a bunch of Brad's friends. We really had a good time. But the highlight of the party was definitely Santa! Olivia has always been scared of Santa in the past, but definitely not this year. I guess watching the Christmas Classics all year has paid off! As soon as she saw Santa, she squealed and started following him every where he went. She was the first one to sit on his lap. She got a little shy once she was there, but at least she didn't leave his lap crying like she has in the past. In fact, she kept going back to stand by him while the other kids at the party took their turns. Santa was really nice and gave her a toy Jeep. She was so excited because now she has a "Jeepie" just like Daddy! As we left, she kept telling Brad and me, "I so excited! I see Santa! I got a Jeepie!" She definitely makes us smile!

10 scribbles...:
She is so cute! How cute that she gets so excited about Christmas and baby Jesus. You are definately doing your part to let her know what is truly important. I love her smile from ear to ear by the tree. Precious!
I agree, having kids around you at the holidays sure does make it fun. So much more fun than when I was a kid. Jeremiah teases me that I get more excited than they do, just because I can't wait to see their faces when they get their gifts! I love this time of year!
Santa must have known your family's love of "Jeepies"!
Carrie, she is soooo cute! I loved how she was sitting up on the stage on Friday night - I think she wanted to sing with the Primary kids!! :) We have been listening to Christmas music since, hmmm...November 1st and constantly asks me, "Mom, Santa Claus coming later?" And then one day she says, "Mom, Jesus coming later?" It was heart-warming.
She looks just like you on Santa's knee.
Masaru calls them jeepies too. Funny.
So at least Masaru has someone who'd understand him.
How fun! I think kids really make Christmas! They just bring the right spirit.
There is nothing better than Christmas through a childs eyes. You are so lucky to have such great joy. If every home had Olivia we would all keep the true spirit of Christmas. Eliza used to sleep with baby Jesus when she was Olivia's age too.
What beautiful pictures!! she is a gem!
I cried as I was leaving Toys R Us with Adessa's gifts. There is something sad and exciting about getting your kid something they actually want and are excited about. I am glad you are having fun with a very excited child.
Look at her hair!! She is stunning... you guys have a good looking kid, and one that is sure to be just as cute on the way!! XOXOXO!!!
Post a Comment