Monday, April 5, 2010

Birthday Princess!

My darling Olivia turned 4 today! I can't believe how fast the time has gone by. We decided to let her have her first "friend party" to celebrate. She had a complete blast and hasn't stopped talking about it yet. Here are some pictures of her day.
I painted our front walk for her last night.
She was so surprised this morning when she looked out and saw it.
We played a mean game of "Button, Button, who has the Button?"
Because it was a princess party, there was a need to read a princess story.
Cinderella filled the spot quite nicely.
Here are the girls decorating their princess crowns.
Such a cute bunch, eh?
Tagen was a dream during the party.
Lots of quietly watching and enjoying all that happened.
Olivia LOVED all of her presents.
This face was made during the opening of each one.
She got SPOILED.
Lots of hugs were shared with everyone.
Of course, there had to be candles blown out
and the ritual "Happy Birthday" sung.
I laughed when I saw this. The girls wanted to do "Cheers."
I don't know who thought of it, but they loved it.
(No lemonade was spilled in the making of this picture...)
Here are the party goers. I told them to smile pretty.
Here's what a great party and some sugar will
do to the same princesses moments later.
Too Funny.

Happy Birthday Munchkin!
I hope you know how much we love you.
Thanks for being you.
I LOVE YOU!

14 scribbles...:

Kat said...

Carrie, I love how you documented this special day!! She will always remember that "special" feeling of being a princess!!
love ya

Sara said...

The girls had tons of fun at the party and keep telling me that they need to go back to Olivia's for some more fun. You did a great job for her first friend party! I still haven't brought myself to have enough courage to do one with all the little girls in my area! Maybe this year....MAYBE!

Melissa said...

Looks like fun.
Happy birthday to Olivia.

Annette said...

You're a great mom! Aren't little girls so much fun?

Sarah said...

Love the bottom line ups! How true is that!

The girls here, also, keep talking about it. Thanks for letting them join in on the fun. Glad that it went off without any big problems.

Hawks Family said...

Wow - I can't believe how fast she's growing! Looks l ike a pretty cool birthday party - HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLIVIA!

Talbot Family said...

Addie had a blast! Love that Olivia Kate. The pictures are darling.

RaShawn said...

That is bunch of cute girls! Happy birthday Olivia!

Anonymous said...

oh that looks like fun! man, i sometimes wish we still had little kids in our house. hope olivia had a good one! olivia is such a cute litte girl!
p.s. carrie, i just watched the video of tagen's first steps--it made me laugh! you should totally make a video of tagen walking up the steps like she did at our house the other day. it's sooo funny!

Natalie said...

How cute, what a good mom you are!

Williams Tale Overture said...

Happy Birthday cute girl! She is so big, so is Tagen. Congrats on weaning its sad and wonderful all at the same time.

Maricela said...

I am sad that Roslyn missed Olivia's birthday party. When we got back and were going thru our mail, I showed her Olivia's invitation and I told her we had missed it, she says, "ooohhhhh" and gets a frown on her face.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLIVIA. IT LOOKS LIKE YOU GIRLS HAD A GREAT TIME.

Laura said...

OH She is so cute!!!! It looks and sounds like a great GREAT time. She looks so happy and she deserves it. Happy (belated) Day to Olivia Kate! (btw- that is the only way my kids know to call her :)...)

jenhatch said...

She's so cute Carrie!!