Sunday, October 11, 2009

Pumpkin Patch Memories



Last night we went to a pumpkin patch. They had a hay maze for the kids to play in. Olivia loved it. She was willing to try it on her own to begin with, but soon came back and asked her dad to help her through the maze. He helped her through it once, then she was off and willing to do it on her own again. But, as I watched Brad take her hand and guide her through the turns and paths in the maze I was touched by the analogy playing out right before my eyes.
We come down to earth anxious to try out new things. Sometimes we jump right in and think we can do it on our own, only to quickly realize we need a guiding hand and some reassurance from our Father to make it through life's mazes. He's there and willing, we just need to ask... and then LISTEN. He will guide us to where we need to be.

6 scribbles...:

VerĂ³nica Valbuena said...

I love the post!!! you're absolutely right, sometimes we feel that we can do everything by ourselves,but we need His help everytime and everywhere !! =)Love u!!!
ps.: tell Sam i have change my blog's URL
Miss u all!!!

Sarah said...

How fun with her dressed as a pumpkin!
Won't look at a pumpkin maze the same now...

Laura said...

WOW! I never thought of that, but you are so right. I am with Sarah, a maze will have a new meaning to me. Thank you, I REALLY needed that today :)

Trish and Greg said...

and the best part of the pumpkin maze? the dad is tall enough to see over and around every obstacle. very good analogy.

Megan said...

Too cute!

RaShawn said...

What a great way to look at it. It's so true.