While eating some Zuchinni bread, Olivia started singing, "Perry the Plattipus" over and over. I asked if she was really saying, Perry the platipus and she said, "Yup. From Phineas and Ferb. You just didn't understand me because my mouth was full of food."
This morning Olivia came into wake up Brad and I. She opened the door and said, "Daddy, Tagen's awake." He sat up and she repeated... "Tagen's awake. It's morning. The Sun is awake and in the sky. The clouds are awake too. They're moving. It's time to wake up." Brad asked her if the clouds stop moving at night to which she replied... "Yes. They sleep at night."
While playing a game with Olivia using a little bouncy ball, she said this to me... "Mom, we're going to play a ball game. It's called Sports. We play with this ball. It's a ball game, Otay?" Glad we got that figured out.
I told Olivia she was making a mess while eating her zuchinni bread to which she replied... "I know mom, but it's otay."
I told Olivia that some tomatoes we were eating were from Meg and Paige Nelson's garden. She said, "No, they are from our garden." I told her we didn't have a garden. She then informed me that..."We have a garden. It's dirt and grass. It's from the Ice Age. Just like Meg and Paige's garden!" I really don't know where she gets this stuff!
Olivia's newest version of I Am A Child of God... "I am a child of God, and so my parents are great. Help me to find a husband soon, before it grows too late..." Seriously. I really do not know where she gets this stuff from. Really.
Whenever I am cooking and have water waiting to boil Olivia asks me, "Mom, are we waiting to make poison?" It took me a while to figure out that she thinks when water is boiling it is poison. Thank you very much Queen Grimhilde from the Snow White movie. (No, it is not a reference to how bad my cooking is... at least I hope it's not.)
I asked Olivia if she wanted to move her bed to the downstairs bedroom when it was empty. I told her it would be her own room and she could sleep down there. I said, "What do you think? Do you want to do that?" She looked at me and I could see the wheels turning... after about 30 seconds she said, "Mom, I don't think that is a dood (good) idea." I'm glad she took time to think it over first.
Brad and I will often watch a movie on our Mac after the kids are in bed. To do so, we turn the loveseat to face the computer. One night after watching a movie, we didn't return the loveseat to it's regular position. When Olivia woke up early the next morning, she came out, saw the new arrangement and said in an exasperated way... "Mom! What did you do!?"
Olivia was so proud of herself... She completely "hogtied" her Woody doll all by herself. She brought it to me after she was done and told me, "Woody won't get away now!" I was pretty impressed with her knot tying abilities too. It took me a few minutes to get him "un-hogtied."
She definitely keeps us on our toes around here.

10 scribbles...:
She is so cute and clever... My favorite is "mom! what did you do?!?" when she found the couch out of place. :) SO cute!
I so LOVE this kid!!!!
She is a crack up! You are in so much trouble when she is old enough to date! Watch OUT!
The Ice-Age, huh?!?
And a husband soon...oh no!
Love the I am a Child of God song! This kid cracks me up!
Thanks for the laughs!
My favourite was the husband comment.
I love kids.
I can just see the wheels turning in her head to come up with these things. And I am sure she feels like the big girl around town, but I think she has a little time left before it's too late for a husband.
well, that's a mini carrie d if i ever saw one...
So cute! I especially liked the song revision! You'll be glad that you've recorded these somewhere! :)
That girl has one great personality! Too cute!
Post a Comment