Monday, September 14, 2009

Bear Lake Retreat...

We took a trip with Brad's family to Bear Lake this past weekend. His brother and sister-in-law had access to a FANTASTIC cabin in Harbor Village and invited us all to stay the weekend with them. We had such an incredible time with family. We're so grateful for the invite!
Thanks Richard and Marianne!
Olivia on the drive to Bear Lake. She asked every 5 minutes if we were at the lake yet.
Then she asked me to start taking pictures of her. She's so funny.
Olivia decided to 'put her feet up' during the drive.
Finally! The long awaited Bear Lake.
Tagen loving being out of her carseat!
More of my happy baby.
Brad relaxing and letting me take tons of pictures of him with my new camera.
Tagen still playing...
One of our views from the deck. Truly an incredible place to stay!
My love.
She couldn't even wait to get into her swimming suit before she was in the water.
We literally had to pull her away from the water to go eat dinner.
She's in HEAVEN.

More beach time.
I took some family portraits for Brad's brother and when we were done, Olivia begged for her picture to be taken.
She started posing like this all on her own. What a ham!

After the beach, we let her play in the pool at Harbor Village.
This is her shaking the water off her feet.
I think this kid was supposed to be a fish.

9 scribbles...:

Anonymous said...

yay! first comment! i'm soo sososososooooo glad you guys got to come the the little family getaway. what fun! i can never get over how cute your family is! and i'm totally jealous of your new camera. that is SO KEWL!

Sara said...

I am glad that you had fun in Bear Lake. We Love it up there. Like Derek said...IT is our home away from home! Nice place to just get away from it all.

Sarah said...

I love the feet up in the window. That's one way to past the time during the long drive.

The beach looks great. Looks like it wasn't too crowded with people.

And, good pictures of Brad. What a good sport!

Maricela said...

I was looking at all the great pictures and then remembered, oh, the new camera!! :) I am glad that you have been putting it to good use.

Richard and Marianne said...

You know... Olivia IS going to be a fish and then you are going to have to buy a boat and play in the water with her at Bear Lake and Lake Powell. Are you really ready for that? ;)

Laura said...

not only a fish but a little model too! Seriously some gorgeous pics! what a great weekend. I haven't been there in YEARS! SO FUN for you guys!!!

Amie said...

First of all~ your heading picture of your daughters is GORGEOUS!

And I just love seeing all these pics of your girls. Olivia reminds me so much of Chelsea at that age. She's just created this little space of her own in my heart, without me even realizing it!

So are you just using your stock lens then? The one that came with your camera? You're getting some great shots there~ Brad smiling looks authentic! As in, he's not posing! Perfect. :D

Miss you!

RaShawn said...

Your pictures look great with the new camera! I'm glad you got to get away. I need a weekend like that!

Ephra said...

Thanks for inviting me to your blog!!! I love all the pictures and info. It makes me feel close to you and your family. I would love to go spend time at Bear Lake, you are so lucky. Have you seen my blog? It's mostly about Kayla, but now that school sports are started again there will be lots of pictures of soccer and football :) Check it out at wilcoxhappenings@blogspot