Monday, July 20, 2009

Sidewalk Art by Olivia

Olivia wanted to do her "outside painting" as she calls it.  So, while Tagen was taking her nap, we went out into the heat and she created a masterpiece on our sidewalk.... and on her hands and her feet and her behind.  I'm so grateful for HOT summer days that let kids be kids... OUTSIDE.  
the drawings are...(upside down to us)
Olivia, the Sun, a flower and a rainbow.
The blue ones by her feet are spaceships which she told 
me came and took her away when she was really little.  
She said she missed me while she was on the ship.
She was happy when she found out the chalk was also on her hands

working on the details....

"The End"

13 scribbles...:

Laura said...

She is a very creative and a great artist for such a young age. She looks b u t ful with her hair down!!!

Hawks Family said...

Beautiful art! She looks like she had a great time.

Julie said...

Oh she kills me! She is so stinking adorable. I had so much fun with her this weekend. I am so glad you guys came!

Tiffany said...

what a little cutie-patoot :) I love the "detail" she puts in her pictures!

Sarah said...

Great artwork...kid figures are the best.
I love her expression in the picture of her looking at the chalk-covered hands!

Ashley said...

I just found your blog from my friend Rachel's. Your blog is really cute!!!
Come by my blog to enter some fun giveaways! There are a few of them, and not many people have entered yet, so your chances of winning are really good!

Jill said...

Very cute! The creative juices are flowing! :)

jenhatch said...

those pictures are so precious! Olivia is beautiful!

Nolan is SOOO into chalk these days too. I just wish it wasn't so HOT, and he could go out and play more. 100+ degrees is a little too hot for chalk!

Georgana Hall said...

Thanks for sending me the invite so I can stay up-to-date on your adorable family! XOXO

Kay said...

I love her pudgy fingers and feet!

RaShawn said...

I love the part about her going on the space ship. She has a good imagination! Thanks for knowing I would want to view your private blog. I've been out of the blogging world.

Becky said...

Thanks for the invite. I LOVE your family photo. The colors all go so well together. I cant beleive Tagen is that big already

Tiffany said...

I love sidewalk chalk--such a cheap entertainment. I get into the act myself sometimes.