Thursday, July 23, 2009

Firsts...

This week Tagen has been experiencing lots of "Firsts."  She's been sitting up on her own for about a week or two, so I decided to try something new.  On Tuesday I started off by putting her in Olivia's high chair.  Granted, I have to wrap a blanket around her waist to keep her from going to the side, but once she was in there... SHE. WAS. IN. HEAVEN.  As you can see by her BIG smile.  I can't believe how much she 'grew up' in my eyes once she was in that chair.  What's happened to my little tiny INFANT? I've also observed she has become mostly LEFT hand dominant in the chair.  She almost always grabs her toys with her left hand and drops them off the left side of the chair.

She's got to be the HAPPIEST baby I've ever seen!
Tagen also got to experience this bouncer swivel chair for the first time yesterday.
She liked it at first until she found out it makes noise.  Every time it started
playing a song, or would rattle, she'd tear up and her bottom lip would start
to quiver.  I hope she'll get used to it so she can keep playing in it.

And finally... Yesterday, she rolled over to her tummy for the first time completely unaided by me. She's rolled a few times in the past, but always by holding onto my finger.  I came into the room and she was on her tummy and pretty proud of herself.  She had to keep showing off the rest of the night by rolling over and over and over and over and over....

This last picture was taken just before she rolled BACK OVER onto her back.  Guess there's no more leaving her on the bed while I get things done. 
 But, with a smile like that... it's all worth it.

11 scribbles...:

Jenn Douglas said...

She is getting so big. It is probably nice that she can sit in a high chair now so she can sit up and see everything.

Sarah said...

Such a cute, happy girl! Her happiness is contagious.
What a blessing!
Those are great pictures.

(can you find and OFF switch on the chair?)

Rosanne said...

She's adorable. They sure do grow up sooo fast. It is fun to watch the new milestones they reach, but it is still sad to see them grow so fast.

Laura said...

SO fun to see them grow up! She is darling.

Tris said...

that is one beautiful, happy baby! maybe it's because she has such great parents???

Tiffany said...

It's great she can be in the highchair and saucer to keep her contained now that she is starting to be mobile. She definitely looks like she enjoys life--at least the music free parts.

Verónica Valbuena said...

i Love those pics!! she is so cute!!

Jill said...

She is so gorgeous!!! And that smile..........I miss her!

Melissa said...

Great shots Carrie.
She's a doll.

Maricela said...

Tagen is so cute...sometimes I think she looks like you, sometimes I think she looks like Brad. I love it.

I hope our next child looks at least a little like me :)

Natalie said...

She is so freaking cute.
It is so refreshing reading about the joys of motherhood, instead of how difficult it is. And I am glad I am not the only one morning the loss of my INFANT! It is so exciting when they learn something new, but sad at the same time.