Friday, July 31, 2009

More Olivia-isms


The other day when Brad got home from work, he came in and kissed me hello.  While we were kissing, we hear, from just below us, a great big, "Awwwwwwwwwwww."  I started laughing and looked down.  There was Olivia watching us kiss and apparently giving us her approval.

While feeding Tagen, I looked over to see Olivia languishing against the refrigerator door.  I asked her what was wrong and she said, "Mom.  I NEED more food.  I'm SOOOO hungry."  She's not a drama queen... at all.

While playing with Tagen, Brad will often say, "Tagen...."  and Olivia or I will answer, "Mater..." (Yes, her nickname is Mater.  I hope she forgives us one day in the future.) Well, I realized one day that it sounded like the game of Marco Polo, just with the name switched.  So, Brad said, "Tagen..." and I answered "Polo!"  We then introduced Olivia to the game of Marco Polo.  I didn't realize how much it would stay with her until the other night at 3:30 A.M. she yelled out in her sleep... "Marco!"  I would've laughed if I hadn't been so blasted tired...   
(Ha!  You're all now yelling "Marco.... Polo..." in your mind, right?)

This morning Tagen woke up at 5:30.  When I went in to get her, I heard Olivia ask, "Mom, can I come in your room too?"  I told her it was still dark outside and that she should stay in her bed where it's nice and warm.  She again told me she wanted to come into our room.  Knowing that I'd have Tagen lay down by me in bed and knowing there wasn't going to be enough room for the four of us in bed, I told her she could come in but she'd have to lay on the floor.  She looked at me, scrunched up her nose and said, "Mmnnn, I think I'll stay in my bed where it's nice and warm."

Today while playing and listening to music Olivia started telling me how to play different instruments.  "Mom, this is how you play the trumpet.  This is how you play the guitar.  This is how you play the piano."  All while doing hand motions that matched each instrument.  After she told me how to play the piano, she said, "I didn't get a piano for my birthday.  I want to play the piano."  I told her I was sorry she didn't get a piano.  She answered, "It's okay.  I'll get a piano at my next birthday.  And I'll get a trumpet and a guitar too.  Then I can play you and Tagen lots and lots of music."  Guess Brad and I should start saving our money for her musical talents, right?

While eating lunch today, Olivia asked me... "Mom, who made this house?"  I told her I didn't know.  She said, "Maybe Heavenly Father and Jesus made this home." Then she started calling out... "Heavenly Father?  Are you there?  Did you make this home?"  I said, "Well, they made the wood that is in our house."  To which she informed me... "No, they made our home.  I want them to come back and visit."  I taught her that we can have the Spirit here in our home and it makes us feel good inside.  She then touched her tummy and said, 
"The Spirit is in my tummy right now because I feel good there."

While helping me make some banana bread the other day, Olivia saw a fly buzzing around in the kitchen.  I swatted it away a few times and then I heard, "Shoo fly!  Don't bother my mama!"

The other night Olivia was talking with our friend Sarah.  She told Sarah, "My mom's friends live in Hyroom... (aka... Hyrum.)"  Sarah said, "Oh really?  Where do your dad's friends live?" Olivia looked at her pointedly and said, "My dad doesn't have any friends."  
I got a really good laugh out of that one!

7 scribbles...:

Melissa said...

This is awesome that you record this.
I love blogging so I can write down the fun things my kids say.
I know Olivia is going to get a kick out of reading this when she's older.
It'll be so nice for her to know how awesome she was/is.

Trish and Greg said...

Oh boy, this post was good for a big laugh. Thanks for sharing!

Julie said...

Thanks for posting this adorable post on Olivia. With all that happened yesterday and the lowness going on in my heart, I definately needed some Olivia-isms!! Thanks for putting a smile on my face and making me laugh. It makes it all feel lighter!

Sarah said...

Glad her tummy feels good!!!

Amie said...

She is so funny Carrie. She says the funniest things ~ ALL. THE. TIME. Sheesh! My kids spout out something like that once in a blue moon. And then whenever I want to remember them, they're already lost in the great cavern known as my mind. HellO!!!! hello!!!! I hear an echo...

Rosanne said...

Kids say the funniest things, I need to remember to write the silly things my kids say down so I can remember them. Your little Olivia is adorable.

Sara said...

I love that last one especially! My dad doesn't have any friends! That is great!