Sunday, April 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Olivia!

Olivia turned 3 today!  I can't believe how fast the time goes by.  It seems like we were just bringing her home from the hospital...  Now she's running around, talking, dressing herself, counting, singing, playing and teasing us all day long!  Wow, time flies!  Olivia is such a jewel to have in our home.  She's a great kid with a lot of love.  She has such a sweet disposition.  She loves to tease her daddy and she loves to help me out in the kitchen.  She's very proud of her "big sister status" and loves Tagen to death.  We're so glad we've been blessed to have her in our family.  
When I asked Olivia what she wanted for her birthday, all she would tell me was, "I want party hats, balloons and cake."  That's easy! 
Olivia displaying her cake.  I tried hard to make my artwork look like 
Tigger and Pooh.  She liked it and that's all that matters, right?
She's trying hard to blow out those candles... 
Olivia showing off her stash.  She got hooked up this year!
One of her presents.  She got a jump rope and was 
trying to figure out how to use it.
This is after all the party guests were gone, she was wearing her new nightgown from grandma, and getting ready to brush her teeth.  She still had her party spirit though... you'll notice the party hat.  Doesn't she look tired?  It was a good day of partying.  
Thanks to everyone who helped make her day special.

Happy Birthday Olivia!

14 scribbles...:

Anonymous said...

oh man! sounds like fun! heard my family was there, and wish i could have been there too!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLIVIA KATE!

Hawks Family said...

I can't believe she's 3 already! Time really does go by fast. She's the cutest and such a big girl. Happy Birthday Olivia!

Brad said...

The best part about that cake was during construction...

Carrie; "Hey, will you come take a look at this and tell me if it looks like Pooh?"

Brad; Uncontrollable laughter.

Carrie; "Oh brother" complete with a rolling of the eyes.

Sara said...

haha...Brad is funny! And the cake looked great. You did a good job. Sorry we couldn't make it down but Happy birthday Olivia Kate!

Melissa said...

Carrie you did a GREAT job on the cake. It's awesome man. Oh I love a good cake and so do kids and Olivia is no exception.
She really does look pretty smashed in that last photo. It's how it should be.
I love birthdays FOR KIDS, my birthdays seem to get slightly more depressing as the years go on. I'm trying to change my attitude though.
ANYWAY.............I'm glad she had a great day.

Sarah said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY cute girl.
Way to go with the artwork!

RaShawn said...

I think the cake looks great! Happy Birthday Olivia!

Talbot Family said...

Happy Birthday Olivia Kate! You are right, she is a very loving girl and we love her. I am glad she had such a great time at her party. They always seem to enjoy a day dedicated to them.

jenhatch said...

how cute is she!?! She did get hooked up! I love the days following birthdays and Christmas - kids are totally entertained with their new toys.

{and good to see a cute pregnant Jenn in the background - could you take a picture of her and email it to me... since I'm SURE she wouldn't!}

Richard and Marianne said...

Thanks for letting our herd descend and swarm your house. My kids really love Olivia... how could we not! I hope all the munchkins at your house were tired and so a tired ma and pa could finally get a good night's rest!

Rosanne said...

I thought your cake was so cute! You have a cute little girl. I am glad she had a great birthday!

Unknown said...

WOW! Carrie - I'm so impressed! Your cake decorating skills are superb! Keep it up - I've regressed to Walmart cakes - and they are never as much fun.

Natalie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLIVIA!!!

The cake for sure looked like POOH!! hahahaha, that is so funny. Good job.

Tiffany said...

I love how excited little kids get about their birthdays. Happy birthday to Olivia.