Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter activities and thoughts...

Olivia is ALWAYS wanting to wear my 'clock', so thank 
goodness the Easter Bunny brought her one of her very own to wear!
Loving the surprises she finds in her basket.  
See that excitement on her face?
A new Easter egg necklace to wear for the day.  
Hopefully it won't get lost TOO soon.

Enjoying her second Easter Egg hunt for the day at 
Papa and Grandma's with most of her cousins.

Looking over the spoils of her strenuous hunt. 
She got hooked up!

We had a fabulous Easter.  We got to spend part of the weekend with most of my family.  There were some missing, and they were definitely missed.  I'm so grateful to have a family that enjoys spending time together.  I'm grateful that we were raised in a home where the Gospel of Jesus Christ is taught by word and example.  I'm grateful for the Eternal Family unit.  As I look at my own children, I'm filled with the love of Christ.  They are such amazing examples to me of 'unconditional love' for everyone.  Olivia is such a sweetheart and will love everyone.  She often reminds me to be more accepting of those around me.  And Tagen, so recently come from the arms of our Heavenly Father, fills me with peace and love just by holding her.  I'm grateful for Christ's Atonement that allows us to be forgiven, to do better, and to be reunited with our loved ones when this life is over.  I'm grateful for a holiday that celebrates Christ and the love he has shown to all of us.  The power of the Atonement, resurrection and Love of God is manifest daily in my life.  I just need to remember to thank Him for it as often as He shows me.  

12 scribbles...:

Natalie said...

You are good with words. I like that you will talk about the impact the church has on your daily life, becuase I feel like I live my life that way too. It is my motivation to get up in the morning and deal with the hectic moments of having two girls... two wonerful girls.
Olivia's hair is getting so freaking long.

Melissa said...

Amen sistah Amen!!

Hawks Family said...

Loved the post. I know we sometimes get so caught up in the Easter Bunny, presents, egg hunts and such that we forget about the real meaning of Easter. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, they were great!

Anonymous said...

amen! well said. it was great to have your family over for a while on easter. and i noticed olivia's necklace--so cute!

Maricela said...

Nice post Carrie. Children are great at reminding us of the love of Christ.

Kat said...

Carrie thanks for sharing your testimony on your blog! What an inspiration you are to those of us that only say thanks on fast sundays....

Talbot Family said...

Beautiful words. I am glad Olivia Kate had a good Easter.

Katie Jane said...

Your girls are so cute! It looks like you had such a fun Easter. It is fun to check up on you!

Verónica Valbuena said...

what a nice post!! i LOVE the 1st pic ^^

LOVE you all!!

chelle said...

Such cute photos. m

Our Loved-up Family said...

Hi Carrie, it's Sarah from www.spirituallythinking.blogspot.com, and YES you did win some English chocolate goodness. Just email me your address, and I'll pop it in the post to you:), ihaveanaccent@gmail.com

Jennifer said...

Great post! I love spending Easter with family, and you have quite a beautiful one! :)