Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Happenings...

While taking a bath last night, Olivia's nose started to bleed. This is Brad's remedy. What you're not seeing is all the tears and blood that had dripped down her chin and tummy (previously cleaned up.)  I realized how scary a bloody nose is for a little kid.  Poor Olivia freaks out when she gets one which only makes the bleeding worse.  Thank goodness we got this one under control fairly quickly.  I also realized while looking at this picture how much Olivia needs to see the SUN!  Actually, I think we BOTH need to see the sun more... I'm whiter that she is!
Olivia wanted Tagen to sleep by her in her bed last night.  I laid Tagen next to
her for a minute and was again reminded that Olivia is NOT our 'little' baby anymore.
I love her facial expression in the top picture even though it is slightly out of focus.  I just had to include both photos.

While trying to take pictures of the 'hat' that Olivia put on Tagen, Olivia decided she needed her picture taken also.  I laughed so hard at her perfect timing.  (While uploading these pictures she saw this one and said, "Hey!  That's my eye!  Give it back!")
Would you just look at those cheeks!  Wowsers!  This is the "hat" Olivia thought Tagen should wear.  I think she looks like she's under a lily pad. But, I'm happy to report that this little cutie-patootie is letting me sleep through the night now.  She is sleeping usually from about 11:30 to 6:30 or 7 a.m.  This morning she slept until 7:30!  I can't complain at all.  I'm pretty excited about the sleeping thing. She's 10 weeks old today.  Over the past 10 weeks, I felt pretty good if I was getting 3 hours of consistent sleep and now I'm getting 6 or 7!  Yahoo!  Let's hear it for sleep!

13 scribbles...:

Melissa said...

Carrie this is a good post.
I think it'd great that she's sleeping through the night. It makes life that much easier you know.
Well done Tagen.
I also love those pic's of Olivia.
I'm as white as she is.
I'm planning on getting a little sun.
We all need what Masaru and Dru have, a wonderful starter tan, never get burned kind've skin.
Oh to be that lucky.
I'd also like his legs and metabolism and..........

Julie said...

I am always so envious of young mom's whose kids sleep through the night at such a young age. Mine were 18 months old or older. They were little porkers that just couldn't get enough to eat I guess. Count your blessings and kudos to you Mom. You have a satisfied baby! :)

The pictures were great and those two girls are so adorable!!

Jill said...

LOL!! I just love Olivia!! She always has the BEST expressions! I love that picture of her and Tagen in bed!! Beautiful girls!!

RaShawn said...

Great pictures! I'm glad Tagen is sleeping so long for you. That makes life so much easier.

Hawks Family said...

You have 2 darling little girls! It's funny how you realize the oldest grows up so fast when you have another little one to compare them to. Looks like they are both happy and content - you're doing a great job!

Sarah said...

Love the cheeks and the eye that Olivia "wants back"!!

Glad you're getting a full night's sleep.

Tris said...

carrie! here i am! i love your blog. you are such a sweetheart and so is your family. thanks for your comments on my blog. i didn't realize how fun this whole blogging thing is!

Sara said...

You can thank Her Aunt Sara for the little peep talk that me and Little Miss Tagen had. I hope she keeps it up and if she gets out of line again just send her my way and I will have another little talk with her. ;)

Anonymous said...

ha ha awesome! sounds like you guys have some fun at your house!!!

Julie said...

BTW - have you noticed how 'red' Tagen's eyebrows look? Was Olivia that red? She may a color closer to Brad's color as a young boy than the auburn color of you or Olivia. I just noticed the eyebrows and had to comment.

Tiffany said...

When you stepped out for a minute at the park yesterday, we were all noticing how Tagen was a little translucent! Has the long sleeping been holding up--hope so.

Tiffany said...

Oh, I forgot I was going to give you advice for bloody noses--Adelaide gets them constantly. Stuff a little piece of TP in their top lip just under the nose. Works every time (if they'll keep it in).

Kari said...

She's so cute!!! The first thing I thought when I saw Tagen's "hat" was that she looked like she was from the cabbage patch with a leaf still attached. You guys make beautiful babies!!!