Thursday, January 29, 2009

Riding Frontrunner

Every time I'm driving with Olivia and she sees a train, she asks if we can go on the "choo-choo train."  So, Brad and I decided to finally take her last Saturday.  We just rode North to Layton and back, but had a great time.  We sat on the upper deck.  It was actually mine and Brad's first time riding the front runner.  Olivia has already ridden on it once when she went with our friend Megan Kent and her daughter.  Funny that our two year old beat us to it, right?
Brad and Olivia waiting for the "choo choo train" to come.
Olivia entertaining herself in the rain during the wait.
She was so excited to be in her own seat and to be able to look out the windows.
I think the best part for her was when we were passed by the other train going South.
It really took her by surprise I think.  Wish I had that on video!

6 scribbles...:

Sarah said...

I keep thinking that we need to try that again when we see it running parallel to us on I-15. (then I remember how rushed my first/only experience...ugh) I'm thinking if I take Matt along this time it'd be great.
I'm glad that you all got to go along and "enjoy the ride." The pictures are great. My favorite is her expression in the middle shot.

Sara said...

The girls love the train and ask us all the time if they can go on the train. They ask Derek everyday that he goes to work, "Dad, did you have fun on the train?" IT is so cute.

chelle said...

My kids always beat me to doing things.

Cute photos. M

Anonymous said...

you guys beat me to it too! sounds fun!

Tiffany said...

I haven't ridden it yet, either. Way to go Olivia, beating us all. I think that is just an indication of how our lives will be with all new things.

Megan said...

I remember that! Those were the good ol' days. I sure miss cute Olivia. She's grown so much. I can't believe how long her hair is.