Today while I was helping Olivia get dressed, she looked at my shirt, which has 'Old Navy' written across the chest on it and asked, "Mom, what does that say?" I told her it read, 'Old Navy.' She looked at me, looked back at it and said, "No mom, it says Old Mama!" She was completely serious faced the whole time. Meant every word. I tried to correct her, but she insisted it really said, "Old Mama."
While playing with her new kitchen set from Christmas, Olivia told me she was making 'treats'. She gathered them (mini-marshmallows) all up in a tupperware bowl, and started to then knock on all my kitchen cupboard doors. She would go from one to another knocking, then saying, "Merry Christmas! We bring you treats." When no one would answer the door, she'd look downtrodden and say to me, "Mama, no one is home." Then she'd move onto the next cupboard.
I now have a new way to wake up Olivia. She has taking to falling asleep in the late afternoons which really messes up her bedtime schedule. I try everything I can to keep her awake, but the minute she sits down, she's out. One day I tried everything I could think of to wake her up. Tickling her, playing with her face, prompting her with food... nothing worked. Then I sat down at the computer and turned on her favorite... Hannah Montana. She sat up instantly and told me she needed to dance! Worked like a charm. Now whenever I need to wake her up, I just turn to good old Hannah, and the dancing bug kicks in.
We took Brad's lunch to his work today. Olivia is such a daddy's girl. She was really excited to see him, and talked his ear off all during lunch. I was afraid that when we left she'd be upset that he wasn't coming with us. But, as we pulled out of the parking lot, she said, "Wow... that was really fun to see daddy. He's so really nice. I kissed him and hugged him." It was really cute. Then a little bit later down the road, she SQUEALED, "I'm so excited to see daddy tonight!" She is COMPLETELY a devoted daddy's girl!

13 scribbles...:
Getting them off their afternoon naps is such a difficult time. Adelaide and Lily were just the same--I had to be vigilant in the afternoons to make sure they didn't fall asleep in some corner. But it was kind of cute when they did it in funny places like the highchair.
WHAT A TOTAL DOLL!!!! honestly so stinkin' cute. I also love her super great look on the photo, she looks so grown up!
Reading those "isms" just made my morning. Thanks for sharing the funny truths of what she says "Old Momma!"
I love that pic. man.
Great isms.
Great picture! She is so funny and cute. Amanda is that same way about Tim. She can't wait until he gets home so she can play with him.
ha ha chuckle chuckle! :D
Oh what a beautiful girl!! Stylin too! :) She is perfect, inside and out!
Olivia looks so grown up in that picture - she is so cute. I don't understand this daddy stuff! :) I took Roslyn to "school" yesterday and as I am walking out the door, I hear her crying out, "Papi, my papi." What about me? I am your mama, why aren't you crying for me? I am not jealous or anything! :)
Oh that is just precious and I laughed so hard. Next to Carrie and Kaylee, I don't remember my kids little 'isms like that. What a treat!!! I am so glad you are writing these down to have for future use. Can you just imagine what her wedding dinner is going to be like with Mom saying, 'when Olivia was ----, this is what she would say to me....." and she will just die and the rest of us will to..from laughter!! :)
Your kid is a nut! But a cute NUT! Or if Amanie was here she would say, "no mom your the nut!" that is one of her little -isms. But I laughed so hard with the old mamma. That was hilarious. Sorry Carrie you aren't old but that was funny!
So off the subject of this post. But Bishop Higgins is hilarious. I have been laughing my butt off for the last 30 min. His most recent post about his Vision his hilarious!
How cute. That kid is too funny. She makes me laugh.
Old mamma! I love it. I could just see her face delivering Christmas fudge. Too cute! Adessa loved her love note.
Post a Comment