Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Big Sister Countdown!

We have been trying to help Olivia be excited about being a BIG SISTER soon.  We've tried really hard to keep the focus on HER and the opportunity she's going to have to be a big sister. We reinforce daily what a great help she's going to be, how much fun she's going to have, the things she gets to teach Tagen and so on.  She's been really good so far and tells me how excited she is to meet Tagen.  Often she will tell me, "Mom, I want Tagen to come NOW.  I want to play with her."  Believe me, I feel the same way, kiddo!  
Today, I had the thought to make a countdown chain with her to help 
her mark the days until she's a BIG SISTER.  We had fun 
putting it together and deciding where she wanted to hang it in her room.
The countdown is on... and this is one of the cutest 
and most excited BIG SISTERS you'll ever see!

9 scribbles...:

chelle said...

She is so cute. I can tell she is going to be a big help. I am very excited for all of you. Happy labor day. m

Sarah said...

What a great visual way to help her know how many days left. Luckily you have it scheduled and can know just when things will be happening.

Laura said...

Great idea Carrie! How fun for her to visualize the days that are left for the big day. How fun!!! (I love the baby's name-btw)

Anonymous said...

aaaaw! thas soo cute!!!!
TAGEN! WE CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU TO FINALLY ARRIVE!

5ofus said...

what a fabulous idea. I wish I had thought of something like that with Eliza. Oliva is going to LOVE being the big sister. She can be the boss & make all the rules. No she is way too sweet for that.

Hawks Family said...

That's such a great idea, it will really help her get excited. She looks so happy and I'm sure she'll be the best big sister ever!

RaShawn said...

Great idea! She will be a great big sister. I love her smile.

Melissa said...

I know I've said this before, but Olivia has great hair man.
Do you do anything to it apart from brush it in the mornings?
I mean does it just go like that?
I agree with others, great idea and wonderful name for the new one.
She really is, very cute.

Sara said...

Carrie-
His name is Dr. Steve Hibbert in Syracuse. All of our friends and ward members have gone to other places and have either gotten charged up the leg or hated the experience and most of the ladies in my ward recommended him to me. He is at atlantis dentistry in Syracuse.