Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What a prodigy!


Warning!  Following are the bragging rights of a VERY PROUD MOTHER!   So... Consider yourself warned and continue reading only as you dare...


At the tender age of two, our little Olivia can do the following...

1.  Count to TEN.  Sometimes she'll keep going a little bit farther, but not consistently.

2.  Recognize and correctly name the colors Red, Blue, Yellow, Purple, Pink, Brown and White.

3. Will ask to brush her teeth throughout the day, and does pretty good with it by herself.

4. Can sing most of the words to 'Santa Clause is Coming to Town'  and 'Silver and Gold.'  (I'm getting her used to Christmas music throughout the year.)

5. Knows that when she stands on the scale, she weighs 32 lbs, and likes to shout out "Turty two!" when she gets off.  (She actually weights 33.5 lbs now, but I'm not going to tell her.)

6. Has learned to take off her clothes, and more importantly her diaper, which often results in a scantily non-dressed baby running through the house.  (Guess I'm not really bragging about that one.)

7.  Also recognizes the music and any picture of Hannah Montana immediately.  She even refers to our ward chorister, (Triss), as Hannah Montana when she sees her leading the music.

8.  Will stand in front of the mirror and preen and 'fix' her hair.  She also likes to twirl in front of the mirror to see how she looks.  (Once again, not bragging...)

9. She can spot the temple from almost anywhere and gets excited when she sees it.

10.  She can spot an airplane anywhere in the sky, and immediately recognizes a FIRE TRUCK from a distance.  (Definitely bragging here...)

So... There's just a few things our little prodigy can do.  I don't know if every kid can do this stuff, but I'm going to assume that our little gifted child is going to continue on this upward spiral and figure out the cure to cancer or M.S. or something by the time she's 15.   No worries, I'll keep you updated.

13 scribbles...:

Robyn said...

Go Olivia! Way to make your mom and dad proud. I'm sure her time spent at the Kent home helped spur on the little prodigy's talents! Hurray for freakin' amazing children!

Robyn said...

p.s. Totally love the picture. Classic Olivia look!

Heather Harbaugh said...

She is so adorable! I love Olivia stories

Megan said...

You're right about the whole taking off her diaper thing not being something to brag about. Gwen did that on Sunday and it really was not a pleasant experience for anyone. We had put her down for a nap and about a half hour later we heard her crying. I go in her room and there's poo smeared all over the inside of her crib and pee on everything. She was most upset that her blankets that she likes to suck on were dirty and when we gave her a clean back-up blanky she wouldn't take it because she thought it was covered it pee too. Other than that, you list was totally brag-worthy. Olivia is a doll!

Melissa said...

Megan, your a crack up.
Listen it's your right to brag, even if other kids are doing it. I think it's great to have your mum think your awesome!!
You should tell Trissy about being Hannah Montanah

RaShawn said...

What a smart little cookie!

Hawks Family said...

I think it's totally normal to brag about your children. Every mother gets proud when their child learns something new - I think we measure ourselves as mothers by the progress of our children. Go Olivia and Go Carrie for being a normal proud mommy!

Tiffany said...

All wonderful things to be proud of. And maybe she's trying to tell you something else she would be good at--I always took taking off the diaper to mean they wanted to go on the potty.;)

Talbot Family said...

Genius! They never cease to amaze do they. I just went to sign Adessa up for soccer and they were booked so she is on the waiting list. I can't believe how fast they learn and grow!

Anonymous said...

woot woot olivia! what a q.t. sounds like she is going to be a great big sis!

Melissa said...

Hey Carrie. What's that website where you can get your blog made into a book?
I tried skyping you guys last night for a chat too.
NO ONE ANSWERED!!
Listen you can just say if you don't wanna talk you know!!!!!
;)

Laura said...

She is very bright. Its amazing how fast kids learn. I would love to hear her sing, I just love those little voices.

Maricela said...

Carrie, you have every right to brag!! She is so smart and cute. When I watched her the other day and gave her some rice to eat, I gave her a spoon and she says, "Too big". I asked, "Is it too big? Do you need another one?" I just had to laugh at that!

By the way, Laura showed me a cool website where we can change our blog backgrounds. It's thecutestblogontheblock.com and about watching Olivia the other day, no problem. I was glad that Roslyn had someone to play/interact with other than Indee (the dog) and me.