On Christmas Eve, we had a surprise visitor before the kids went to bed. The kids were surprised to see Santa Claus walk in our front door, ringing his bells and saying, "Ho Ho Ho!" Olivia LOVED it, Tagen wasn't so sure. As you can see from the following pictures, their reactions are VERY different.
Olivia rushing to the door when she heard the bells...
Greeting Santa partway. She had nothing but HUGE smiles for him.
Tagen saw him and stood in that spot for the first 5 minutes he was here.
She didn't utter a word or make a sound the whole time.
Still wary and checking him out.
See her wringing her hands? Her poor palms were so sweaty
when I held her hand to calm her down.
She eventually left her other post to hide under the counter and behind Brad.
I guess she figured he's a safe barrier between her and this big guy in red.
I did eventually get Tagen to walk over to Santa to give him his Jingle Bells,
but she wouldn't let go of my hand, and wouldn't get closer than a foot from him.
As you can tell... there was no fear for Olivia.
She sat on Santa's lap and gave him lots of love and hugs.
Santa asked her if she knew why we celebrate Christmas.
I was so happy to hear her tell him,
"It's Jesus' birthday!"
Santa saying one last Good bye from the door, to which Tagen yelled, "BYE!" and waved.
I guess she figured he was safe once he was on his way out.
It was a great surprise and I love that Santa took the time to come visit our house before his big nightly present delivery began. It's a great memory for our girls too!

4 scribbles...:
How fun! We had him visit us at our home, too. The kids got a real kick out of it. What a fun way to personalize Christmas!
Too cute! Maybe next year Tagen will be ok with Santa. :)
Tagen was saying "goodbye and good riddance!" They will remember. We had a personal visit from santa at my mom's house in 2008, so Lily was 3...she still remembers.
what different receptions! classic! love the expressions you caught of each.
Post a Comment