Olivia has gotten pretty sassy lately. She likes to think she's in charge. Recently when I asked her to pick up all her books before she watched a movie, I got this reply.... "Let me tell YOU something mom... Here's how things are going to go. I'll eat chips, watch my movie, and YOU clean up my books, otay?"
When leaving a friends house the other night, Olivia told me she knew she hadn't obeyed very well. I agreed. She then said,
"Mom, let's just pretend that I obeyed good and then we can all be happy!"
I love that she calls tongue depressors - toothpicks.
One day while pretend playing I heard Olivia say the following..."Welcome to town, President Monson! That's what this ticket says mom. It says, the Prophets and Jesus live on PBS.org and they are coming to town!!!! Isn't that tool (cool), mom?"
Recently while playing in the sprinklers with her cousins, Olivia asked for a "umberella". When her aunt asked why she needed one, she said, "So I can run through the sprinklers and not get wet!"
While making her lunch one day, Olivia asked for some chips to go with her sandwich. I asked what kind she would like. She told me, "The ones that are really really red and shaped like triangles that make your lips hurt." I could only guess she was talking about Dorito's Nacho cheese chips, but I don't understand the lips hurting part....
One of my favorite Olivia quotes. "Milk is a pretty good idea. It makes your cereal feel better."
She calls mashed potatoes, "Smashed potatoes." I promise, I don't add any alcohol to my mashed potatoes while making them.

10 scribbles...:
Oh my goodness! She's sooo darn cute! You will be forever grateful that you wrote all this down. She is so precious! xo
I think I want to try some of your "Smashed potatoes". LOL She is too cute.
Oh my word! She said that??? (the first one) LOL. You are going to be in trouble when puberty hits! LOL.
Oh this is so precious!! Love this girl! And I have that umbrella for her next time she wants to run through the sprinklers!! LOL!
BTW-Brianna is 17 and still calls mashed potatoes, smashed potatoes! I love it! :)
Oh that is too funny! She is too smart for her own good. You'll have to watch her! Congrats on another baby. That is very exciting. Are your girls excited? Hope you feel well soon!
Kids say the cutest things. Its good you posted them so you can remember them down the road when you have 5 or 6 more kids!
Hahahahaha! Olivia-isms make me laugh so much! Just wait till the other one talks :)
p.s. I think you are wonderful to keep track of all these. These are the kind of stories and phrases that have kept the Greg Clark laughing even twenty odd years later...
Such sass and personality. Too funny. I have been to a restaurant that had "smashed potatoes" on the menu.
Bwa-hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa!
So how's it all going Carrie?
Are you in the new ward yet?
How's the pregnancy going?
Feeling good?
It'd be nice to see a belly shot.
Post a Comment