Olivia started preschool last week. She is LOVING every minute she is there and can't figure out why she doesn't get to go every day of the week. We went to an "open house" to meet her teacher, Mrs. Wing, on September 2nd. While we were there, she had all the kids color a picture, then she ironed it onto these bags. Now each kid has a school bag that they decorated all by themselves. Olivia loves it. We are already really liking Mrs. Wing and I think Olivia is going to have a great year attending her preschool.
These first pictures are from the day she met Mrs. Wing and made the bag. And although not her first "official" day of preschool, we felt it needed to be remembered. I'm glad I took the pictures because Olivia (and Tagen) both added a lot of personality and laughter to the photo session....
The obligatory 'first day of school' posed picture.
Tagen felt left out I guess and decided to make her presence known....
This picture completely cracks me up.
She stood there giving me that look for about a minute.
Her expression never changed. Poor Olivia was upstaged.
Not to be outdone, Olivia started pulling some different poses.
I have NO IDEA where she learned these moves from....
She is pretty dang cute however!
This last photo was from her "Official" first
day of school on the 7th of September.
I have to admit... it felt a little weird while I was driving off after leaving her at Mrs. Wing's. She proudly and confidently walked up to the door and inside all by herself and didn't seem to give me a second thought. Knowing that she was spending part of her day doing things with someone I barely knew was exciting and a little disconcerting. But, seeing the smile on Olivia's face when I picked her up 2 hours later provided the calming assurance I needed.

11 scribbles...:
Preschool is the best! It's hard as the mom, but I found after a few days, I was really loving the extra time with just one! Hope she continues to love it (and you do too)!
Man I love that T-Shirt she has on at the top.
Awesome find!
Good idea with the bag too.
I hope she continues to love it.
And you too.
Talk about personality! So funny and cute!
Those pictures are so dang cute. They are both crack-ups!
Ella made her own bag at her preschool too. She lost it the next day. The. Next. Day.
I LOOOOOOVE her shirt!!! (my kids love the show :))
She is darling and Tagen is SO stinkin' cute with that face!!!!
Hope school goes great for her and taht she makes lots of new friends :)
Glad she was eager to go.
Sounds like a good teacher, who's on the ball. Fun bag idea.
Oh my word! Your girls are sooo cute! I love their expressions!!! What fun you must have!!!
LOL!!! Perfect!!!
My children pose for this obligatory picture every year!! Even when they are old. Can't say they love it, but the do it!!!
Tagen's face cracks me up!! and that Olivia has some great moves.
love this post, carrie. so so darling. i love the pics. you are such a fantastic mommy.
Post a Comment